i am thinking about buying a new guitar and cant decide between a flying v, an SG, or a les paul, i probably won't buy the big brands but the most medium prioced one i can get not over $550 any suggestions or which one to buy?
Well. That'll all be preference really. Style? The V will be suited more for heavier music. Epi SG's aren't very nice. And the Les Paul is a good old Les Paul, sounds great and a pain in the ass to play.

With your budget you're going for Epi or Agile?
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
You can get one of the high-end Agile Reapers for $600 and they're amazing quality
ohai little sig.
$550 is around £225, though i might be wrong. you can get beginner type les paul's and SG style guitars for well under this amount. epiphone have a huge choice of les pauls and SG's, and are quite easy to get hold of. as for a flying V, i dont think there are cheaper models. a guitar company called jackson manufacture something similar, and the lower end versions are around £200 (possibly around $400?)
I happen to like my Epi SG so stop knocking them! Try a bunch of different guitars before you buy one. Even the same make and model will be different. I played 15 SG's before I found the one I bought, and it's sweet!
Quote by SGslinger
I happen to like my Epi SG so stop knocking them! Try a bunch of different guitars before you buy one. Even the same make and model will be different. I played 15 SG's before I found the one I bought, and it's sweet!

Sorry man! No offense intended. Just personal experience. That doesn't mean they are all bad, just the few I have played.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Trust me,you can get a ****ty Les Paul or SG.I got the 66 reissue epi,and that is on par with a low end gibson IMO.I believe epi makes a korina flying V,but I believe they run for like 300...don't quote me.And the problems with every model-the flying V is not a sit down guitar;the SG is very neck heavy;and IMO,the les paul has terrible fret acess compared the the other 2.

Pick your poison.
meh
Pauls are heavy...
Vs are hard to sit and play...
Sg are light and contour to the body nicely... I have a gibson faded sg special i got for $500 great for the price and very versatile... idk just my opinion
My Rig...

Guitars:
2003 Ovation Collectors Series
Custom U.S.A. Parts Strat
Gibson SG Faded Special

Amps:
Crate V50 112
Fender Sidekick Reverb 65

Fx:
Boss CH-1
Boss CS-3
Boss DS-1