Whats the difference?

I have a Marshall Advanced Valvestate Tech 150W.

My friend has some form of Line 6 Tube Amp..

He says mine sounds so much better than his..

Although i've heard that everybody hates the AVT's ..

Whys this?

Thanks.
The AVT has, I think, 1 preamp tube. That 1 tube makes essentially zero difference in your tone, a "real" tube amp has an all- tube preamp and power amp.

What kind of Line 6 does your friend have? The Spider Valve is all- tube...
yeah its the spider valve i think.

but why would he say that mine sounds so much better?

Or is this because i play my tokai through my Pedal Board with all my effects on it, then to the Amp?
Quote by Johnny Trash
Probably because most Line 6 amps are ****e

The Spider Valve and the Flextone are both pretty nice. The Vetta's great. The regular Spider's really the only real POS.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
The AVT has, I think, 1 preamp tube. That 1 tube makes essentially zero difference in your tone, a "real" tube amp has an all- tube preamp and power amp.

What kind of Line 6 does your friend have? The Spider Valve is all- tube...

No, the Spider Valve features a digital moddeling preamp into a tube power amp. Marshall Valvestates feature a low voltage tube in the preamp section. I would consider both a type hybrid amp.
Yeah my band's lead guitarist has the AVT50H, and it's a fairly mediocre tone. He of course boasts that with my 6505+ is hit and miss whether it sounds good, but he can always turn his on, and it always sounds good.
Quote by FrugalGuitarist
No, the Spider Valve features a digital moddeling preamp into a tube power amp. Marshall Valvestates feature a low voltage tube in the preamp section. I would consider both a type hybrid amp.

Actually, we were both wrong.

Just checked, the Spider valve has a half- modelling, half- tube preamp into an all- tube power amp.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Actually, we were both wrong.

Just checked, the Spider valve has a half- modelling, half- tube preamp into an all- tube power amp.

I stand corrected, the preamp does appear to be a half/half scenario with one preamp tube functioning as an extra gain stage to the digital preamp. However, Line 6 calling it an all tube amp is a little misleading.
Quote by Johnny Trash
Probably because most Line 6 amps are ****e

Everybody!

This is a great example of someone that knows ****s about line 6 but is jumping on the bandwagon.