I'm looking to go to school for Audio Engineering. Except, I'm having thoughts of how prospective it looks for the future. What I really want to do is work for a recording studio but with modern technology now almost anybody can record their music on their personal computer with reason, pro tools etc.. Does anybody know of someone in this field who can provide some encouragement for me? This is what I really want to do but I just don't want to have any regrets later on in life.
If there's an SAE Institute near you, check it out, it's a good uni for that course, I'm doing it in a few years.
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.
I'm not shure what I wanna do, either something like that, or electrical engineering.

If you take the electrical and electronic engineering courses at uni, then you can do pretty much anything to do with electricity, which includes sound. They're really broad courses.
MIM Tele
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall ED-1 Compressor
Morley Power Wah
Boutique booster
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Electro Harmonix #1 echo
THE BEAST (head)
Line 6 Spider II head
D130F
Greenbacks
Quote by civilunrest
If there's an SAE Institute near you, check it out, it's a good uni for that course, I'm doing it in a few years.

Just warning you the Perth one is ****!!! Be careful

ive done it and didnt quit my previous job and well cant say any of my classmates have done any good with it either. Its an industry that relys on experience so personally i would recommend you either volunteer at a studio or get a **** job at one becuase thats all you can really get here anyway. Only do the SAE course if you want to record your band, its a lot cheaper
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
Quote by civilunrest

yeah, i wanna go to sae in nyc. im only a 30 min train ride away.
Quote by Master Shake
Just warning you the Perth one is ****!!! Be careful

ive done it and didnt quit my previous job and well cant say any of my classmates have done any good with it either. Its an industry that relys on experience so personally i would recommend you either volunteer at a studio or get a **** job at one becuase thats all you can really get here anyway. Only do the SAE course if you want to record your band, its a lot cheaper

hey is it really poor quality, cause i was planing on moving to perth to do it next year, do u no any others in the area
There'll pretty much always be work for sound engineers, as long as their is TV, music and film..
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by Martindecorum
hey is it really poor quality, cause i was planing on moving to perth to do it next year, do u no any others in the area

the equipment is pretty good (minus the complete lack of mic stands none of which worked well!) but its more the teachers etc and just overall how the school operates i and many others didnt think highly of. As i said if you are getting something more out of it other than a piece of paper aka band recordings it a pretty good idea, as for the rest of it no where near $10K
They need to sort themselves out a bit more, it has potential.
What i mean about the teachers as well on an unpersonal level is that they are all guys that have completed the course themselves, meaning thats the best of the education your going to get.
I know a lot of people who have done the course that practically know nothing as well so at least its easy to pass.

Well theres just a lot of things that pissed me off at that school and personally i wouldnt recomment it to anyone.
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
Quote by Master Shake
the equipment is pretty good (minus the complete lack of mic stands none of which worked well!) but its more the teachers etc and just overall how the school operates i and many others didnt think highly of. As i said if you are getting something more out of it other than a piece of paper aka band recordings it a pretty good idea, as for the rest of it no where near $10K
They need to sort themselves out a bit more, it has potential.
What i mean about the teachers as well on an unpersonal level is that they are all guys that have completed the course themselves, meaning thats the best of the education your going to get.
I know a lot of people who have done the course that practically know nothing as well so at least its easy to pass.

Well theres just a lot of things that pissed me off at that school and personally i wouldnt recomment it to anyone.

thanks so much for a long reply very detailed, i might have to think of a new place or go to an open day in the next month, but i understand 10$ is ALOT of dosh so i would expect pure quality and throughly experienced teachers, thank u for that