well I have two questions

1) what would you guys recommend in the case of a fuzz pedal

and

2) has anyone used one of these and if so how did you like it and what did it do exactly

try M.I audio for the fuzz also seymor duncan make the tweak fuzz which is pretty cool, EH big muff is also pretty cool
Those SansAmps are great, but for $10 more you could get the one with 3 programmable settings.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
for a little fuzz i use the metal muff. it has served me very well.

Sans amps are cool but i've never used one. i prefer to go old-school and use an actual amp
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
If you're prepared to wait a while, the MXR El Grande bass fuzz comes out soon, the sound clips of it are really cool and Fuzzy

or the Bass Big Muff is out soon too
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
the sansamp bass driver is like a bass preamp in a stomp box. so you dont need to carry a amp head to a gig, just get the sansamp and plug it straight into a pa. really handy :P
Quote by skippy_moogoose
If you're prepared to wait a while, the MXR El Grande bass

God I checked it out and love the sound.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
If you have $300 to spare, have a look at one of these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/EBS-ValveDrive-Pro-Dual-Mode-Tube-Preamp-Pedal?sku=151472

The sansamp may be a tube emulator, but this is an actual tube overdrive pedal. It also funstions as a preamp, and can help give you a heavy tube tone when the gain is low.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're looking for fuzz, not overdrive.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Good fuzz - el grande
great fuzz - zvex woolly mammoth
upcoming - bass big muff
synthy buzzsaw backing tone - mxr blowtorch
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
The Zvex Woolly Mammoth is about as fuzz as you'll get but they're ridiculously expensive. I still have my Russian Muff for fuzz but I don't use it all that much for bass, it spends most of its time plugged into a guitar.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by hippiebass

Last week there was as yet no confirmed UK release date, grrrr, want one sooo bad

Quote by Ranxston
God I checked it out and love the sound.

Isn't it gorgeous?? My whole band digs it, and want me to get one,lol, is great
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I've got the Big Muff and shes great
I keep hearing about this mythical bass big muff but i cannot find any info about it???
Is it true?
Is it
Is it
/annoying fake curiousity

but seriously when? where? how much?
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah