Page 1 of 5
I seriously do not understand the hype about Valvekings. I have to give the public relations mad props on that one. Those amps suck. I had one and regretted it. I cut my loses and moved on. It's like seeing an Ex girlfriend. No matter what you do do to her, you still don't like her.

Here's another example for you; you really dig Eclipses, but you end up buying a Cavalier b/c it was afforadable. The Cavalier is decent, it gets you where you're going, but it's not great. So you spend bank on upgrades. Maybe you throw on some rims, ground effects, tints, speakers, paint job, decals, spoilers, hardware, etc. and it looks like an Eclipse. However, it is still a Cavalier underneath all that work. In the end, you spent as much money, if not more money than an Eclipse cost to make a POS Cavalier look like an Eclipse. Get my point!

A Peavey VK 212 cost $600 plus tax. New tubes to fully restock the VK will cost you another $125. Throw in some new speakers, there goes another $225. Still not good enough, so you throw in another $100 for a good OD pedal. Switch out some electronics or do some Modifications and there goes another $150. If you can't do it yourself, Labor prices vary.

In the end, you spend anywhere from $1,100 to $1,300. For that price you could buy a Randall RM, Mesa, Marshall, Bugera, etc.
Despite the many suggestions on this site for the valveking, I've tried them several times and didn't really like them.

So instead, I spent $800 (plus shipping) and got myself a wonderful Laney VH100R and the day was saved.

But, I mean, if you want a cheap tube amp, Epiphone Valve Junior has a great tone for just $150.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
I always wanted to go Laney, never did. Carvin also has some decent tones. Those two amps are vastly underated. I understand that the VK is what it is; cheap and decent. It's an alright starter tube amp, but like you said; go with a better sounding tube amp. Don't get it just b/c it's tube, get it b/c it sounds good. Get something you'll be using down the road and not something that will be gone w/ in a year. I just don't understand the infatuation with it or why people on this site pump it up like it's the best amp ever.
They get recommended because they are cheap and can do quite a bit of tones. Of course it's not the greatest amp, but for the price, I wouldn't expect it to.
They get recommended because they are cheap and can do quite a bit of tones.

Yea they can cover a lot of tones/styles, but not good. I would rather go with an amp that can cover one particular style good than a lot of styles not that good. It's like a jack of all trades, master of none.
Difference is you can take your time and add stuff on at your own conveince and some people like the challenge. Also not everyone uses the amp for metal so the amp stock might be perfect for them or they might just need to swap out the speakers. Also most people are not spending that much for theres they way for sales and so forth. I paid $440 bucks for mine no tax got some free cables and a 3 year warranty and it was brand new from GC.

Its not our fault you didnt research the amp for take the time to demo it before you purchased it.

Everyone has there issues the more they play the amp, some like to take the time and figure it out and some like to rant about how bad it is on the net and sell it. All in all im glad i took the route i did and figured out all its quirks and now i can fully injoy how good the amp really is.
Tone is totally subjective. Build quality isn't. the tones are a bit flat, but workable, and come to life with a good OD or better tubes. What sucks is the quality.
Quote by mwalluk
Yea they can cover a lot of tones/styles, but not good. I would rather go with an amp that can cover one particular style good than a lot of styles not that good. It's like a jack of all trades, master of none.

Well, that's you. Your tastes aren't the same as everybody elses. Some people want versatility.
^its really not all tht versatile if you ask me. if it dosent do one thing pricularly great or descent then its versatile.
But ya its a matter of opinion, I happen to hate everything about the valveking, the cleans, the OD, the useless EQ, everything.
I much rather have a a crate PAL or V.
Hey man, I researched it and demo'd it. Like I said, it's a decent starter tube amp. I was giving a rough estimation on retail price. I DON'T play metal. I played in a couple different bands that all had different styles from 80s to pop to contemporary to alternative. I don't fault people for getting it. Like the poster above said, tone is subjective. I just hate how everyone suggests or believes this amp is the end all of amps. If you're serious about tone, then make it happen. Your tone sounds as good as what you put into it. If you put nothing in to it, it'll sound that way. Case in point; this is for all you 16 yr olds, you don't know jack about music scene, industry, equipment, gigging as a semi-pro to pro level, so don't act like it.
Quote by TheKaiser77
^its really not all tht versatile if you ask me. if it dosent do one thing pricularly great or descent then its versatile.
But ya its a matter of opinion, I happen to hate everything about the valveking, the cleans, the OD, the useless EQ, everything.
I much rather have a a crate PAL or V.

Honesty, I could coax usable rock and metal tones out of it. It has a usable clean channel too, that would deam it versatile in my books.

Nobody thinks the amp is a be all end all amp. Assuming that everybody does is just ignorant.
the vk is a mere eh. the kids here on this forum all think the vk is the god of all amps because its tube and its cheap. since tubes get a lot of props most people just jump on the band wagon and presume they know what they're talking about when it comes down to that.
Also alot of people tend to forget people are not asking for amps in the $1300 budget. People asking for amps in the $500 or lower budget... And in that budget VK is a decent amp. So that is why it gets recommended. Along with alot of other amps. And like you said its a decent starter tube amp, well guess what 90% of our which amp threads request.... Ding ding ding starter amps on a budget...

Would you rather see them with a VK or a Spider/MG? Another reason VK's get thrown in the mix...
Everyone on this board seems to. It's mentioned in every thread. It has it's own thread. If people on this board can pump hype to potential buyers, I can also pump negative advertising. In the end, it's all up to that person. I'm a tone nazi, but that's just me. What works for me, might not work for you. I go for quality of quantity every time. I don't want my equipment hindering my playing or making the tone sound amature-ish.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Also alot of people tend to forget people are not asking for amps in the $1300 budget. People asking for amps in the $500 or lower budget... And in that budget VK is a decent amp. So that is why it gets recommended. Along with alot of other amps. And like you said its a decent starter tube amp, well guess what 90% of our which amp threads request.... Ding ding ding starter amps on a budget...

haha good point.

but who do you think influenced these 90 percent to get a tube amp in the first place for starter. i know there are better amps out there for the same price as the VK. like the flextone, but if it was me i'll get a pod xt live and use my computer speakers.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Honesty, I could coax usable rock and metal tones out of it. It has a usable clean channel too, that would deam it versatile in my books.

Nobody thinks the amp is a be all end all amp. Assuming that everybody does is just ignorant.

you know whats another ultra flexible amp, a spider three it can d everything you said but sounds like ****.
Any amp that has clean and an OD channel can give you "usable" metal sounds or rock sounds, or "usable" cleans(my ass).
thats what everybody says about the valveking, but when it comes down to it dosent do one damn thing to well or even half descent when it comes to cleans.
Im more of crate V guy and IMO and the crate is a much better amp in all levels, but thats just an opinion. In my book buying a valveking next to a crate is like buying a spider when theres a cube right next to you, it just dosent make sense.
Or like some guy said get used flextone or a used C30, but the valveking is just pure ****, its like "hey lets just something with tubes in it just cause its the cool thing to do".
The tone is just horrible and not the reason people should be getting tube amps.
Last edited by TheKaiser77 at Jul 17, 2008,
ValveKings are modders amps. Just like the Valve Junior. They were designed and built with a generic tone and easily accessible components to allow users to modify it in ways that they see fit. No, a $400 Peavey tube amp isnt going to compare with Diezel amps, or Bogner, or Soldano, or VHT, but it was never designed to.

Yes there are better amps out there, but none anywhere near the price range that the ValveKing is in. And yeah you can take the money you would spend on a VK and parts to upgrade it and mod it and spend it elsewhere, but what do you end up with? The 112 VK with mods is only about $550? So in that price range you can pick up some other used amps. Well you still have to drop money into a used amp to make sure its up to the challenge of a new user using the sh*t out of it. So you spend $550 to have the exact smae amp that everyone else is using that year (and will probably be bashing next year) and you still have to drop money into it. So you paid $550 for it, then shipping which will roughly estimate is about $50, then you have to give your new used amp a tune up to ensure long lasting quality. Lets say 7 tubes. A new set of speakers. Thats another $300 right there. So your value amp just cost $900. Not much of a value anymore now is it?

Now on the other hand, you can spend $400 on a generic ValveKing, then another $150 on a new set of tubes and a new speaker that suits your liking. Now, you have an amp that looks like everyone elses, but in subtle ways sounds like no one elses. Guitar playing is all about sounding like yourself and no one else. Yet everyone is so worried about looking and sounding just like everyone else.

What Peavey did with that amp, is they built the platform for us to change it how we see fit. Its like a car manufacturer building you a rolling chassis and letting you put your own motor into it.

The ValveKing is a great amp for what it is, a modders amp. There are alot higher end amps out there. But not everyone can afford those. So people need to quit being elitists about their gear. Last year, everyone recommended the ValveKings to anyone who asked about getting a new amp, now 10 months later everyone is dogging them. Just because you or your parents will go out and pay $1600 for an amp that makes you sound like everyone else doesnt give you the right to tell people that they are stupid for chasing their own sound.
See....
My....
Signature....

Edit:
They're not modding amps. They're upgradeable amps. I.E. New tubes, new speaker. There is no modding about that.
and it's like them putting out, a frame, a body, and a motor. We get to choose the wheels, gears, and heating system.

Quote by IbanezPsycho

Would you rather see them with a VK or a Spider/MG? Another reason VK's get thrown in the mix...

Right, if you play metal and only have 450-500 bucks, the valveking IS THE AMP for you.
But when people say they have 600-700 and people are like, GET A VALVEKING CHANGE SPEAKER A TUBES=GODLY AMP.
No.
For the SAME price you could get a used 5150, or a randall rg50tc, or god knows how many other amps.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by kool98769 at Jul 17, 2008,
Quote by LuthierofTexas
ValveKings are modders amps. Just like the Valve Junior. They were designed and built with a generic tone and easily accessible components to allow users to modify it in ways that they see fit. No, a $400 Peavey tube amp isnt going to compare with Diezel amps, or Bogner, or Soldano, or VHT, but it was never designed to.

Yes there are better amps out there, but none anywhere near the price range that the ValveKing is in. And yeah you can take the money you would spend on a VK and parts to upgrade it and mod it and spend it elsewhere, but what do you end up with? The 112 VK with mods is only about $550? So in that price range you can pick up some other used amps. Well you still have to drop money into a used amp to make sure its up to the challenge of a new user using the sh*t out of it. So you spend $550 to have the exact smae amp that everyone else is using that year (and will probably be bashing next year) and you still have to drop money into it. So you paid $550 for it, then shipping which will roughly estimate is about $50, then you have to give your new used amp a tune up to ensure long lasting quality. Lets say 7 tubes. A new set of speakers. Thats another $300 right there. So your value amp just cost $900. Not much of a value anymore now is it?

Now on the other hand, you can spend $400 on a generic ValveKing, then another $150 on a new set of tubes and a new speaker that suits your liking. Now, you have an amp that looks like everyone elses, but in subtle ways sounds like no one elses. Guitar playing is all about sounding like yourself and no one else. Yet everyone is so worried about looking and sounding just like everyone else.

What Peavey did with that amp, is they built the platform for us to change it how we see fit. Its like a car manufacturer building you a rolling chassis and letting you put your own motor into it.

The ValveKing is a great amp for what it is, a modders amp. There are alot higher end amps out there. But not everyone can afford those. So people need to quit being elitists about their gear. Last year, everyone recommended the ValveKings to anyone who asked about getting a new amp, now 10 months later everyone is dogging them. Just because you or your parents will go out and pay $1600 for an amp that makes you sound like everyone else doesnt give you the right to tell people that they are stupid for chasing their own sound.

you should join the politics...
I would rather see people save up or go used. I've seen JCM800 and 900 combos in the $600 range. My advice is to potential buyers is don't expect a $500 tube to sound great. Also read, my posts in this thread. I give both perspectives, I'm not biased.
Quote by TheKaiser77
you know whats another ultra flexible amp, a spider three it can d everything you said but sounds like ****.
Any amp that has clean and an OD channel can give you "usable" metal sounds or rock sounds, or "usable" cleans(my ass).

thats what everybody says about the valveking, but when it comes down to it dosent do one damn thing to well or even half descent when it comes to cleans.
Im more of crate V guy and IMO and the crate is a much better amp in all levels, but thats just an opinion. In my book buying a valveking next to a crate is like buying a spider when theres a cube right next to you, it just dosent make sense.

And you know what? People can sound good on Spider III amps. Want to know why? Because it's the player that makes the amp not the other way around. You can have the best gear in the world and it wouldn't make you a better player. Maybe people should focus on actual playing and stop whining about gear that they think is piss poor.

So you can just fuck right off with your flaming because you're not going to achieve anything by flaming me.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jul 17, 2008,
Quote by mwalluk
Everyone on this board seems to. It's mentioned in every thread. It has it's own thread. If people on this board can pump hype to potential buyers, I can also pump negative advertising. In the end, it's all up to that person. I'm a tone nazi, but that's just me. What works for me, might not work for you. I go for quality of quantity every time. I don't want my equipment hindering my playing or making the tone sound amature-ish.

I tend not to put much stock into reviews where all people can say is the amp sounds "amature-ish", especially when they can't spell amateur. If you had said "sterile cleans, numb feeling EQ, noisy, unnatural sounding gain, crap build quality, and bland speaker" you would get a bit more credit. They are new entry level tube amps, and they do their job.
First off, I bought all my own gear. I have a job and a family. I'm in my mid twentys. Second, $150 for new tubes and speakers, you're crazy. You talking 112 or 212. Cause a matched set of JJ tubes for the 212 is around $100 and two speakers is around $100-150. Celestions 30s are around $100 a pop.
Quote by mwalluk
First off, I bought all my own gear. I have a job and a family. I'm in my mid twentys. Second, $150 for new tubes and speakers, you're crazy. You talking 112 or 212. Cause a matched set of JJ tubes for the 212 is around $100 and two speakers is around $100-150. Celestions 30s are around $100 a pop.

And that matters why?

Music doesn't care about your age and profession. Just because you're older, doesn't automatically make you better then anybody else.
Quote by mwalluk

I think you're stupid if you got a 212 with the sole intention of modding it. I believe everyone is talking about the 112. In which case, a set of JJ tubes is about 70 bucks, and speaker is between 80-100
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
And you know what? People can sound good on Spider III amps. Want to know why? Because it's the player that makes the amp not the other way around. You can have the best gear in the world and it wouldn't make you a better player. Maybe people should focus on actual playing and stop whining about gear that they think is piss poor.

So you can just fuck right off with your flaming because you're not going to achieve anything by flaming me.

Thats true i agree with you on that, but im still not ganna get a spider, hahahaha, and im still not ganna get a valveking.
So if your happy with your valveking thats cool ill just stick to my crate V.
The point i was trying to make is that valvekings for the money are still **** cause you got other amps in the same price range that are better on the used an new market.
Quote by kool98769
I think you're stupid if you got a 212 with the sole intention of modding it. I believe everyone is talking about the 112. In which case, a set of JJ tubes is about 70 bucks, and speaker is between 80-100

really? cause half of the time i thought we're talking about 212
Quote by TheKaiser77
Thats true i agree with you on that, but im still not ganna get a spider, hahahaha, and im still not ganna get a valveking.
The point i was trying to make is that valvekings for the money are still **** cause you got other amps in the same price range that are better on the used an new market.

I don't have a Valveking.
Quote by TheKaiser77

+1. the crate V series are awesome amps for the budget. the clean sounds almost like my switchblade without the on board boost and the distortion is pretty decent.
Quote by mwalluk
It's like a jack of all trades, master of none.

Quote by mwalluk
Those amps suck.

Quote by mwalluk
I can also pump negative advertising

Quote by mwalluk
making the tone sound amature-ish.

Quote by mwalluk
I'm not biased.

Really?

Quote by kool98769
They're not modding amps. They're upgradeable amps. I.E. New tubes, new speaker. There is no modding about that.
and it's like them putting out, a frame, a body, and a motor. We get to choose the wheels, gears, and heating system.

No, when you can get into the chassis and modify the circuitry, thats what makes it moddable. So they are modding amps. Not many people on these forums tackle circuitry mods on the ValveKings, but then again not too many people on here did the mods on their Valve Juniors either.

Quote by kool98769
Right, if you play metal and only have 450-500 bucks, the valveking IS THE AMP for you.
But when people say they have 600-700 and people are like, GET A VALVEKING CHANGE SPEAKER A TUBES=GODLY AMP.
No.
For the SAME price you could get a used 5150, or a randall rg50tc, or god knows how many other amps.

Ok well, the used 5150/6505 and Randall RG50 has very little cleans on it. I know, I have played all 3 amps you are talking about. The Randall is not a clean amp at all. Its like a Peavey Windsor on steroids in that it really cant go much cleaner then a dirty blues tone. The 5150/6505 is about the same, just a little less dirty on cleans.

You can modify, or "upgrade", a ValveKing and get good metal tones that also roll of and get good clean tones. And not everyone plays metal, Im sorry to say. So for what you can do with the amp and the way that different tubes and speakers make it sound differently, I would say that it almost is a jack of all trades in its price range.
Kaiser, you haven't seen Hatebreeder's gear have you?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
well if you buy the 212 i can see why your complaining , but for the 112, 400$, decent entry level tube amp, you cant get much better.

Honestly the only reason i have my VK is b.c i needed volume and didnt want a solid state.

I think it sounds realitively good on the OD channel for metallica and van halen ish stuff, esecially run through a V30.
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Really?

No, when you can get into the chassis and modify the circuitry, thats what makes it moddable. So they are modding amps. Not many people on these forums tackle circuitry mods on the ValveKings, but then again not too many people on here did the mods on their Valve Juniors either.

Ok well, the used 5150/6505 and Randall RG50 has very little cleans on it. I know, I have played all 3 amps you are talking about. The Randall is not a clean amp at all. Its like a Peavey Windsor on steroids in that it really cant go much cleaner then a dirty blues tone. The 5150/6505 is about the same, just a little less dirty on cleans.

You can modify, or "upgrade", a ValveKing and get good metal tones that also roll of and get good clean tones. And not everyone plays metal, Im sorry to say. So for what you can do with the amp and the way that different tubes and speakers make it sound differently, I would say that it almost is a jack of all trades in its price range.

Very true about those other amps not having good cleans, or in the windsors case, cleans that dont exist. The Valvekings, like all amps, are moddable, it's just that nobody really ever does them. Only the DIY people mod them, because most people wouldnt want to ship their valveking back and forth ($100+ there) and then pay for a mod, which could run all the way up to $200, then you've spent 300 bucks for a mod, and then 150 for new tubes and speakers. Then you could have had a much better amp already. But if you know what you're doing, there is no reason not to. It's just that your average amp shop doesnt have valveking mods, that's all.
Still, just remember, thats only bringing your 350 up to a 383
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by TheKaiser77

But the circuitry of a Crate V or Palomino series cant do metal. Those are really one or two trick ponies. If you want cleans to blues, then yeah go with a Crate V series.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Kaiser, you haven't seen Hatebreeder's gear have you?

It's different now though

You haven't seen my gear in a while I think. Unless you invisistalk my profile page
Quote by kool98769
Still, just remember, thats only bringing your 350 up to a 383

Yeah, but a 383 still puts out about another 75 to 80 hp over a stock 383.

But i get what your saying about not everyone being able to mod them themselves. Thats why I feel that people need to be educated on the ValveKings before they are able to make comments on them. Cause just because someone cant do the mods required to make it a great little amp doesnt mean that they have the right to say its just a sh*tty amp.

Quote by kckyle
^and that is why i stayed away from all of them and got a switchblade

But a Switchblade isnt even in the same category or price range as a ValvKing. So that makes your whole argument kinda lame.

EDIT: On a side note, I love watching people try to talk shit to Hatebreeder. Its the funniest thing ever and I can never get tired of it. lol
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Yeah, but a 383 still puts out about another 75 to 80 hp over a stock 383.

But i get what your saying about not everyone being able to mod them themselves. Thats why I feel that people need to be educated on the ValveKings before they are able to make comments on them. Cause just because someone cant do the mods required to make it a great little amp doesnt mean that they have the right to say its just a sh*tty amp.

But a Switchblade isnt even in the same category or price range as a ValvKing. So that makes your whole argument kinda lame.

EDIT: On a side note, I love watching people try to talk shit to Hatebreeder. Its the funniest thing ever and I can never get tired of it. lol

4 barrel? Fancy cam shaft? You got it!

Yeah mon, i've never owned valveking mainly because of the cleans. I hold pretty high standards for my cleans, so when i tried a VK out, the cleans were fairly sterile, so that just really brought down the overall stock of the amp. And, i kinda hated the way the preamp gain sounded. It's very grainy, and not as smooth as i like.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I don't see how you guys can argue this much about tone. Everyone likes a DIFFERENT TONE! One tone that sounds "amaturish" to you may sound great to someone else. I've heard well known bands on albums and thought to myself "wow, that tone sounds like complete ass", but im sure they had enough $$$ to buy the best of everything. What the hell does "amaturish" even sound like? This is rock n roll people! There have been famous guitarists who play low quality guitars or amps on albums just to get a unique, raw sound! Sure, I wouldn't buy a VK to play beautiful or pretty tones but rock n roll doesn't always have to be pretty. Sometimes I think people need to spend more time making their guitar playing unique instead of their sound. What good is a unique sound when you go around ripping off every riff/playing style you hear without doing anything unique yourself. Look at the Smashing Pumpkins for example. Their tone may sound "amaturish" or "like ass" to a lot of people, yet their fans are on an endless pursuit trying to match their sound.

Anyway, sorry to rant like that but what I am trying to say is if you are going to argue over an amp, argue over BUILD QUALITY and that's it. Everyone likes different sounds. I played a cheap peavey transtube for years and I LOVED the tone. Im sure most hate it. What matters is that it is a rugged, durable amp that lasted years and is still going! If you want to know if you like the tone, GO TO A MUSIC STORE AND PLAY IT!!!!!!! You can always figure that one out for yourself. You just don't want to take home an amp that is going to break in a few months. Anyone who buys a device designed to create a sound based on others interpretation or opinion on that sound is an idiot. See if you like the sound. If you do, then maybe those that have owned it can let you know if it is a quality product. If you don't like the sound, move along.
Last edited by nocturnal396 at Jul 17, 2008,
Quote by nocturnal396
I don't see how you guys can argue this much about tone. Everyone likes a DIFFERENT TONE! One tone that sounds "amaturish" to you may sound great to someone else. I've heard well known bands on albums and thought to myself "wow, that tone sounds like complete ass", but im sure they had enough $$$ to buy the best of everything. What the hell does "amaturish" even sound like? This is rock n roll people! There have been famous guitarists who play low quality guitars or amps on albums just to get a unique, raw sound! Sure, I wouldn't buy a VK to play beautiful or pretty tones but rock n roll doesn't always have to be pretty. Sometimes I think people need to spend more time making their guitar playing unique instead of their sound. What good is a unique sound when you go around ripping off every riff/playing style you hear without doing anything unique yourself.

Anyway, sorry to rant like that but what I am trying to say is if you are going to argue over an amp, argue over BUILD QUALITY and that's it. Everyone likes different sounds. I played a cheap peavey transtube for years and I LOVED the tone. Im sure most hate it. What matters is that it is a rugged, durable amp that lasted years and is still going! If you want to know if you like the tone, GO TO A MUSIC STORE AND PLAY IT!!!!!!! You can always figure that one out for yourself. You just don't want to take home an amp that is going to break in a few months.

I love spidertone, and womantone.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Page 1 of 5