Page 1 of 7
Is it just me or are little kids "growing up" too fast? Like you see little fourth graders everywhere wearing teenage clothing, wearing make-up, or even listening to music they shouldn't actually be listening to. It's mainly the girls, but there are some guys who act like this too.

I think the media is taking over little kids now.

DISCUSS!
If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks ,
then I'll follow you into the dark.
Yes. And it's not confined to 4th graders.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Yes, and it's the medias fault. But I don't really care to be honest.

+234
Sucks.

My friend's bro has a friend. This girl is not virgin anymore and she's 12.

The kids doesn't seem to have boundaries anymore.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Wiggy is a case in point.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I blame it on Wal-Mart

Corporate bastards
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
A lot of kids these days are pretty brainwashed. But they're not really "growing up" per se, a lot of the kids who succumb to this crap are still pretty immature and stupid.
I grew up too fast. Puberty hit me when I was about 8.

But yes, kids are trying to grow up too fast these days...especially girls.
Quote by Raizer Sabre
this is the biggest pile of crap i've seen since that little bit in jurassic parkwhere you see dino crap everywhere...
its sooo annoying, punk ass little kids think they're so tough cause they listen to rap and act like gangbangers, when I was a kid I was scared of high school kids, when I was in high school they threw rocks at me and a bunch of friends, I didnt feel so bad when I knocked them around a bit after wards, but still, they're getting away with way too much
"For whiter teeth......try a F*CKING toothbrush!"
It's not the media that's doing that. It's terrible parenting. As much as we hated it as kids, the structure that our parents gave us helped us become (somewhat) well-adjusted. Music isn't that big of a deal, but wearing the clothes and the makeup is mostly something that their parents pass on to them. I agree with your observation and I do think it's a shame. Hopefully some people will rightfully be slapped with some knowledge.
Quote by Tom_hatton

+a million bazillion 1.0
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
They're becoming teenagers faster, but staying teenagers way too long!
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Yeah. I see little 10year olds running around with tight pants and bands shirts like Minor Threat.
Quote by Jackal58
Yes. And it's not confined to 4th graders.

Hur hur

But yeah. Pop media + Kids = not good. Instead of developing individuality, it puts the pressure of high expectations on kids that are in no way ready for it.
Quote by Broken_Drum

A girl in my school demonstrates the original point perfectly by being pregnant at the age of 12.

Seriously?

This world is fucked up.
My 12 year old sister gets tans and texts on her cell phone like she's a lawyer and when I do something that's even too mature for my age she calls me immature. Where has the youth gone?
you're 14... and you're still a little kid to some people.

I could quite happily rant on about 14 year old girls dressing like prostitutes, wearing make-up and jewellery, listening to explicit rap music and smoking in the town centres...

but then again someone could go on about guys my age (21) wearing suits and thinking they're the big men on campus because they drive a reasonably new car with the bass blaring and they've got a job selling holiday insurance to pensioners.

"what goes around comes around"... as Mr Timberlake so eloquently put it in one of his hip-hop ditties.
12 year olds ask me for fags but watcha gone do
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by Broken_Drum
Damn right, she's apparently due sometime next month I think. I don't really have much sympathy to be honest, idiotic child.

Wow, thats terrible.

In this case, I don't think we can blame the media. The parents have a part in it too, they're just being irresponsible.

Quote by AngerIsAGift06
12 year olds ask me for fags but watcha gone do

I HATE it when this happens. I'm 16, I'm allowed to smoke. You're a kid, I'm not gonna encourage you
i see little kids walking around by themselves and they have cell phones and all that crap when i was that young i still had to stay next to my mom in stores and places i blame it on the media and peoples stupidity
Hell, they set up a daycare in the elementary school near my house for the 3rd and 4th graders getting pregnant. 11 kids got pregnant in 2007-2008 school year. I predict 15 this year. I feel sick knowing these idiot kids nowadays are going to be in charge of us someday.

Note to Kids: wait until at least age 14 like the cavewomen did.
Gear
Black Bessie (Strat Copy)
Home Made Amp
Digitech RP150
Quote by Shyne
you're 14... and you're still a little kid to some people.

I could quite happily rant on about 14 year old girls dressing like prostitutes, wearing make-up and jewellery, listening to explicit rap music and smoking in the town centres...

but then again someone could go on about guys my age (21) wearing suits and thinking they're the big men on campus because they drive a reasonably new car with the bass blaring and they've got a job selling holiday insurance to pensioners.

"what goes around comes around"... as Mr Timberlake so eloquently put it in one of his hip-hop ditties.

Good point.
But thankfully I'm not one of those make-up, prostitute-like girls that smoke. But yeah there are people out there like that. I'm just saying.. I was never like a materialistic girl at the age of 8, which is what people are becoming.
If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks ,
then I'll follow you into the dark.
Quote by mathieupM13
I blame it on Wal-Mart

Corporate bastards

This...has to be...the most epic post ever. +1

I have seen kids much younger then me with cell phones. I can barely afford CD players those ****ing snots.
Sunnysayshi(14) can afford pot when I (19) can't, WTF?!
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by Tom_hatton

This is true...

But i'll say its even true that they're not really "growing up" as they're actually becoming less mature than they ever were.

Yup you have kids now days wearing make up, listening to Slayer and getting laid. But they're more immature than ever imo.
Back in the days kids were more mature and they knew their rights from wrong.
Now these kids go around doing stupid stuff thinking they're all grown up while in reality they're more immature and impressionable than ever.

I can safely say the current generation of kids is the most easily influenced generation of kids to ever be born. Just too bad all the influence is coming from the "wrong" places such as MTV, Disney Channel, Hanna Montana and such...

All the tv i used to watch when i was a kid was cartoons like Tom and Jerry, Dexter's Lab and basically all those 90's cartoon network shows. And neither did i have a cell phone till i was like 16.

Now my 6yr old cousin wants a cell phone and prefers watching Hanna Montana and the crap on Disney Channel than watching anything on Cartoon Network...
Whats worse, she thinks its cool and that's the way she should be. Bitchy n ****...
Quote by Tom_hatton
Seriously?

This world is fucked up.

That's normal where I live. They get abortions also.
Quote by zackmuise
its sooo annoying, punk ass little kids think they're so tough cause they listen to rap and act like gangbangers, when I was a kid I was scared of high school kids, when I was in high school they threw rocks at me and a bunch of friends, I didnt feel so bad when I knocked them around a bit after wards, but still, they're getting away with way too much

THEY ARENT GANGSTERS IF THERE MAMMAS STILL DRIVE THEM TO SCHOOL
I blame piss-poor parenting.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT