so i recently just bought a fender american standard stratocaster. and the stock pick ups are decent. its definately not a bad set of pick ups but i would like to replace them. im looking for that hollow single coil sound but i dont want anything too thin like SRV or anything. i liek the tone of david gilmours guitar but i think i am looking for something a little more straty than that. does anyone have any suggestions?
well, he used to use stock strats but later moved onto the EMGs. Your best bet would be some vintage style strat p'ups. Checkout the website gilmourish- it has a load on his gear.
if u dont mind spendin' a little extra, www.rockmonkeyguitars.com

plus he gives a 10% discount to UG members.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
if u dont mind spendin' a little extra, www.rockmonkeyguitars.com

plus he gives a 10% discount to UG members.

extra? They are cheaper than Seymour duncan... And I have one in my strat and love it. It's just a vintage sounding pickup (the sounds great). I can acheive some pretty good gilmour tones. I got a neck pickup in the middle position.
^good point....im stuck in GFS mode today...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
no by all means they are a great set of stock pick ups. and yes i have ran it through a marshall jcm2000. perhaps its the amp quality that i dont like??
and what is GFS?
i will try some other amps
are they still high quality as a seymour? or are they more of a poor mans dimarzios?
stephens design has some damn good pups.

i have a set of 59's, and it rly pushes a Vox ac30 into tonal bliss.
Moot.
hmm i was thinking the emg dg20. but would i be able to get a true strat tone out of those as well? or just the david gilmour sound?