After 3.5 months I'm sick of just power chords and want start doing some lead guitar. I started playing a little bit of stuff like Tear's Don't Fall (minus the solo) and stuff like bodysnatchers and sweet child o mine's intro. I really liked playing these. If you guys could give me some recommendations for songs that aren't too difficult and have a decent flow to them it'd be much appreciated. If they have simple solo's it'd be nice too; I want to start building up my soloing abilities (I'm learning scales so if I do some solo's it'll help both progress). I'm open to a lot of different genre's but i like stuff that's got some energy too it.

Thanks!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Yo erm i've got a few good songs you could try that I learned for lead some good old rock songs:

Pour Some Sugar On me - Def Leppard. The riff is a good one and only a few notes and quite a good different rhythm so give it a try. The solo is not too fast aswell so should be good for ya

Aint Talkin Bout love - Van Halen. Awesome riff and good energy.

Seek and Destroy - Metallica. Awesomes riff. The solo is fast and probably not in your reach yet but the backing rhthm over it would be good for u to learn so give it a try

Good luck with the songs
Play until your fingers bleed!! \m/
The intro solo to One by Metallica is challenging, but when you get it down you won't stop playing it.

And Justice for All also has a fun intro piece to it.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

I'll keep these in mind, the problem with metallica is that the stuff is pretty lengthy, is there anything that's not quite that long, easier to learn and remember off the start
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
try the sweet child of mine solo, and stop at the wah part i guess

also, highway star by deep purple is surprisingly easy. oh and the solo to Killer Queen is easy and sounds cool as well.

the deep purple one might be a bit long, but its satisfying to play.
I didn't mean the whole song, I just meant certain parts of it.

If you'd like something shorter, try Exo-Politics or Supermassive Black Hole by Muse.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Yeah i prefer stuff more like, i prefer to play the song all the way through, i get annoyed when i only know fragments lol, thanks for reminding me of muse, a lot of there stuff is fairly doable isn't it?
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
yeah they have some fairly 'doable' stuff

you shouldn't have problems learning plug in baby

it's a great song to play, very flowing as you hardly move around the fretboard
She wolf by megadeth has a pretty easy solo. It's probably a song you can play all the way through. If you're intro thrash...
LINKS 2,3,4 by Rammstein- Awesome main riff, simple solo, angry Germans yelling, what more do you need in life?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by JWD32792
After 3.5 months I'm sick of just power chords and want start doing some lead guitar. I started playing a little bit of stuff like Tear's Don't Fall (minus the solo) and stuff like bodysnatchers and sweet child o mine's intro. I really liked playing these. If you guys could give me some recommendations for songs that aren't too difficult and have a decent flow to them it'd be much appreciated. If they have simple solo's it'd be nice too; I want to start building up my soloing abilities (I'm learning scales so if I do some solo's it'll help both progress). I'm open to a lot of different genre's but i like stuff that's got some energy too it.

Thanks!

Why not just try some more advanced rhythm stuff - rhythm guitar doesn't just equate to powerchords y'know.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
That's true, I guess I just want to started to expand my skills into lead because i find it to be more fun, simple as that lol
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
A lot of the time lead plays the same thing as rhythm, but they might have a solo. When you get into more technical stuff, lead and rhythm have a huge difference. Like...Uh Children of bodom.
californication- chili peppers... nice melody, easy solo, chill song
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Cream - Sunshine of your love
Nice, easy and cool to learn AND to play
=)