Page 1 of 2
Tom morello - legend
what do you think of him, and other legendary guitarists?
sorry to the people who replied when i said 17/06. i forgot what month it was =p
Last edited by dom3000 at Jul 17, 2008,
i think he would appreciate it if we celebrated in the right month
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
I don't understand the cult people vow to musicians.

I mean, yeah, they're entertaining, but I'd rather worship a scientist or a politician than a musician.

I'm pretty sure not a lot of you know that tomorrow will be Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday...
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Last edited by JeanMi36 at Jul 17, 2008,
tom morello = good guitarist. although i don't think he belonged in rage against the machine...
...Who?
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by Beam Sword0
tom morello = good guitarist. although i don't think he belonged in rage against the machine...

WTF?
Homemade Strat
ESP EC1000
ESP MH 400 w/ Original Floyd Rose
Epi Les Paul Custom
Line6 Flextone
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Furman Power Cond.
DOD rack EQ
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Boss FL2 Flanger
Line6 Tremelo
Line6 Echo Park
why is it Tom Morello day, just cause TS decided so?
and what kind of activities does one part take in on Tom Morello Day?
You are now blinking manually
Quote by Snap017
...Who?

Have you been living under a rock for 16 years?

We need activities for tom morello day. How about we have a "who can make the most annoying sound on guitar" competition! (Don't take this the wrong way. I'm a huge tom morello fan.)

EDIT: just checked wikipedia. His birthday is may 30. Why is this tom morello day?
Quote by Beam Sword0

Wait what?

I mean, WHAT!?
Quote by shreddin_frets
17/07/2008

my thoughts exactly. Since when is there a 17th month. How old am i really?
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Keyphur
why is it Tom Morello day, just cause TS decided so?
and what kind of activities does one part take in on Tom Morello Day?

listen to rage and audio slave - play his songs - worship him :P
and we thought he's so good he needed a day =]
Quote by dom3000
listen to rage and audio slave - play his songs - worship him :P
and we thought he's so good he needed a day =]

sounds fair enough,

would but acceptable to start an uprising in his name??
He´s alright but not that great. I mean he got famous for makin weird noise with his guitar.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Tom Morello doesn't really deserve a day commemorating him. He's not even legendary.

Now let's celebrate 17/07 as Gordian Knot day, which is actually a legend.

If he's so legendary, how come I've never heard of him?
Quote by maniac111
If he's so legendary, how come I've never heard of him?

was that a joke??

google it man
Quote by Keyphur
was that a joke??

google it man

I read the wikipedia article on him and I still don't understand exactly what happened. Something about a knot? Could someone explain this to me?
Quote by maniac111

We need activities for tom morello day. How about we have a "who can make the most annoying sound on guitar" competition! (Don't take this the wrong way. I'm a huge tom morello fan.)

EDIT: just checked wikipedia. His birthday is may 30. Why is this tom morello day?

hes so mint i wanted to celebrate asap =]
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
my thoughts exactly. Since when is there a 17th month. How old am i really?

its because im english =]
dont pick on me
Quote by Beam Sword0

He along with the rest of the band MADE RATM... what the heck?
Quote by maniac111
I read the wikipedia article on him and I still don't understand exactly what happened. Something about a knot? Could someone explain this to me?

Knot could never be undone. Prophecy said that he who could undo the knot would rule the known world. Alexander the Great thought "hmmm... doesn't say anything about untying the knot" and slashes it in half- thereby undoing the knot. Goes on to rule most of the known world.

It could have happened- it's perfectly possible, but there is no proof, therefore constituting a legend.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Knot could never be undone. Prophecy said that he who could undo the knot would rule the known world. Alexander the Great thought "hmmm... doesn't say anything about untying the knot" and slashes it in half- thereby undoing the knot. Goes on to rule most of the known world.

It could have happened- it's perfectly possible, but there is no proof, therefore constituting a legend.

So he's legendary because he cut a rope? Sounds kind of stupid to me. All he did was just think outside the box a little.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Alexander the Great isn't legendary. The story of the Gordian Knot is a legend.

Why should he be commemorated though? I fail to see what makes this story so important.
Quote by maniac111

No, actually i've been living in a drainage ditch, playing my crappy Squier, watching naughty things on my laptop, and listening to Metallica. Why do you ask?

In all seriousness, there are much better guitarists we could be celebrating today. For no apparent reason, we could celebrate Randy Rhoads, Eric Johnson, Kirk Hammett, Joe Satriani, and countless others. Morello doesn't deserve to be among that list.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by maniac111
Why should he be commemorated though? I fail to see what makes this story so important.

I was making the point that Tom Morello is not, in fact, legendary, and then proposed that we celebrate something completely irrelevant instead, albeit an actual legend. You kind of missed that point by... *gets 3 people to stretch their arms out* That much.
Quote by Snap017
No, actually i've been living in a drainage ditch, playing my crappy Squier, watching naughty things on my laptop, and listening to Metallica. Why do you ask?

In all seriousness, there are much better guitarists we could be celebrating today. For no apparent reason, we could celebrate Randy Rhoads, Eric Johnson, Kirk Hammett, Joe Satriani, and countless others. Morello doesn't deserve to be among that list.

Creativity is more important than anything else when playing guitar, which is why Slash is among the list of great guitar players, and that's why Morello is on that list also.
Quote by maniac111

why should tom morello be commemorated?
Quote by Beam Sword0

Are you serious? He is a huge political activist he does indeed belong in Rage Against the Machine.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by fob12
Creativity is more important than anything else when playing guitar, which is why Slash is among the list of great guitar players.

With good reason. Slash is a spectacular lead guitarist and an amazing soloist to boot.

I can understand why some would think Morello should be on the list, for making some downright weird sounds with the guitar, and while I admire his creativity and ability to apply those weird sounds to songwriting, I still find RatM to be a quite repetitive and boring listening experience compared to other artists of the genre.

Quote by maniac111
So he's legendary because he cut a rope? Sounds kind of stupid to me. All he did was just think outside the box a little.

You realize how many legends are simply about thinking outside the box?
Quote by Arthur Curry
why should tom morello be commemorated?

I didn't say that he should be commemorated. TS did.

Neither of those people/legends should be commemorated though. They didn't really do/establish anything important.
Quote by maniac111
I didn't say that he should be commemorated. TS did.

Neither of those people/legends should be commemorated though. They didn't really do/establish anything important.

Are you kidding me are you saying Alexander the Great didn't do anything important?

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_the_great here look at this he was undefeated in battle and upon his death conquered most of the known world to the greeks.
Last edited by tayroar at Jul 17, 2008,
Page 1 of 2