Posted this in another thread but I can see it dying and this might be more likely to get reply;

Does anyone know if you can use the 112 version of the Valveking with a Marshall 1936(v) 212 cabinet? I know its got a 16 Ohm speaker out Jack. The Marshall is 8 Ohms mono or 16 Ohms stereo, however Im assuming the 112 Valveking is mono, but the speaker out is 16 Ohms...this is what is confusing me.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Btw the reason I want to do this instead of simply changing the speaker is I dont see a new speaker adding to the resale value much, and having a seperate cab means if and when I upgrade to a head(such as a 5150 or Engl Powerball) I will already have a cabinet for it.
Quote by Rational_Gaze
Posted this in another thread but I can see it dying and this might be more likely to get reply;

Does anyone know if you can use the 112 version of the Valveking with a Marshall 1936(v) 212 cabinet? I know its got a 16 Ohm speaker out Jack. The Marshall is 8 Ohms mono or 16 Ohms stereo, however Im assuming the 112 Valveking is mono, but the speaker out is 16 Ohms...this is what is confusing me.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Btw the reason I want to do this instead of simply changing the speaker is I dont see a new speaker adding to the resale value much, and having a seperate cab means if and when I upgrade to a head(such as a 5150 or Engl Powerball) I will already have a cabinet for it.

Honestly, I don't know for sure so bump for ya.

I thought it was mono out for VK. As long as the Ohms in head are not higher than VK you are OK right? Otherwise, find The Only Valveking Thread and post in there.