Dispatched, formed in 1991, released a noteworthy (and post-worthy) album in 2000 called "motherwar". It contains solid melodies, fast riffs and black metalesque vocals (though NOT a black metal disc). The band sounds much like a power metal band with a screecher instead of a singer. Motherwar also has a strong cover of THE FINAL COUNTDOWN.

http://www.myspace.com/dispatchedband
The Final Countdown? This I have to hear...

EDIT: LAWL! That's the funniest **** I've ever heard!
-limefan913

Quote by Chad48309
Quote by The_lizard_king
Originally Posted by The_lizard_king
It really does relieve stress. I was pissed off for a week because I didn't jerk off, so if you quit it you will go mad.
I don't think that's the correct use of the phrase "going mad."
This is a good song, I hate that people think it's Bodom though.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
I suppose it is pretty similar. It's not a bad cover at all... it's just how europe would've sounded, had they been born in norway haha!
There is another band that covered this song too. Anyone heard of Norther. It's another bodom clone.
Quote by morpheusprime
There is another band that covered this song too. Anyone heard of Norther. It's another bodom clone.
There are probably a lot more other bands that covered this song. Also, what does Norther being a Bodom clone have to do with this band?
Quote by burrit0
There are probably a lot more other bands that covered this song. Also, what does Norther being a Bodom clone have to do with this band?

implying that this band is a bodom clone itself.

(and there ain't nothing wrong with "cloning" a washed-out band and doing it better.)
Norther are not a Bodom clone. Norther are every bit as good as Children of Bodom. How does this cover rate to Norther's? Haven't heard this one.
RULE BRITANNIA
Haven't heard Norther's. chances are, theyre similar and if you've heard one you've heard the other.
SHAOLIN DEATH SQUAD
Norther's is good. It's on Dreams of Endless War, but I have it on the Spinefarm Hardcovers CD.
RULE BRITANNIA
I listen to Norther and cob quite a bit and I really dont understand why there called a CoB clone. They sound *similar*, but so do 500 death metal bands.

Also, Norther's The final countdown cover owns this IMO. There both hilarious though.