Page 1 of 2

Not sure I like it, doesn't seem very "Metallica" to me...
But if the album's as good as they say it is, I could care less what the cover looks like
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

That's a pretty damn cool album cover. I like the whole magnet/soil effect. This album is shaping up to be awesome.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Yeah, I could see that as a meshuggah cover...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
That's awesome, where did you find this?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
i like how the D and C are horse shoe magnets.
mayhaps the coffin is a little bit of foreshadowing? as in their career
I refuse to put anything that masturbates my ego in my sig.
Quote by Chobes
Too white, not br00tal enough.

In all honesty I think that white
is one of the thrashiest colours out there

Only my opinion of course
Quote by Chobes
Too white, not br00tal enough.

...And Justice For All is white. Suck that, bitch.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Graveworm
Looks like a coffin in a vagina.

How many vaginas have you seen?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I quite like it actually, you say it doesnt seem very metallica but I think they have to keep up with a modern look to keep with the times you know? I think this fits in well but not so much as to seem as if they are trying to hard
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

It's an awesome cover. It's not an awesome Metallica cover. I'd see it as (like someone else said) a Meshuggah cover.
Dickless.
Quote by Graveworm
Looks like a coffin in a vagina.

I also think it looks kinda like a vagina, tbh.
The.
Quote by CTFOD
That's awesome, where did you find this?

Metallica's official myspace page had it on their blog haha, guess myspace is still good for a few things...

I didn't notice that about the D and C being magnets, that's pretty cool. The cover's growing on me the more I look at it, I still don't really like the white though. Seems a bit too modern for Metallica, especially since they're (supposedly) going for a throwback to their earlier sound.
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

Last edited by toaster_poodle at Jul 17, 2008,
hmm, i saw this ealier (good ol' Blabbermouth), thought it looked ok-ish. Not really what i was expecting, but the coffin thing really pisses me off - not sure why, probably 'cos it's so cliche. however, lots of ppl on b'mouth said that at first glance it looks like a hairy pussy. and it does. how could they not see that? really quite bad. looking forward to the album though, and as they say - you can't judge an [album] by it's cover.
Quote by filthandfury
Clever.

Better?

U W-I-N!!!!!!

Seriously, this is googles better. And just a negative image. U must tell them about this.
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
B.C. Rich Rich Bich Platinum
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
I like the black one better as well.
*shrugs*
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Does no one else remember how white the "...And Justice For All" album cover was? Kirk has already been quoted saying it's supposed to be like AJFA so maybe it's just a coincidence but I think they're trying to get people to think the same way about this album. (AJFA was also their first album with a new bass player and this is also the first album with the new bass player)
Quote by 3rdWardSoldier
Does no one else remember how white the "...And Justice For All" album cover was? Kirk has already been quoted saying it's supposed to be like AJFA so maybe it's just a coincidence but I think they're trying to get people to think the same way about this album. (AJFA was also their first album with a new bass player and this is also the first album with the new bass player)

Hopefully Trujillo will be a little more audible than Newstead was.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Yeah, the old skool logo's back and it definately looks a lot better than St. Anger. I hope the clean look will represent the production of this record.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Graveworm

seriously, what a difference.

metallica and megadeth are so different now u really dont even need to try and compare the cover art. both are getting worse. megadeth acts like the government is out to get everyone and metallica is trying to relive the glory days. both used to be great bands even tho metallica was way better, but theyre not thrash anymore by any means
Gear:
Dean From Hell
ESP EX-400
Peavey ValveKing 212
Boss-ME 20
Dunlop Crybaby

Bassist needed for metal band in Monroe Michigan area
They needed the old Metallica logo back.

Hopefully this will not be St. Anger all over again.

M.U.Y.A.?!
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by jaked54
metallica and megadeth are so different now u really dont even need to try and compare the cover art. both are getting worse. megadeth acts like the government is out to get everyone and metallica is trying to relive the glory days. both used to be great bands even tho metallica was way better, but theyre not thrash anymore by any means

Yeah, it's better you not go down this road, or else an argument will break out about Megadeth is still thrash, or didn't sell out, or Dave Mustaine is a baby, etc.

I don't even know why that was posted, as Megadeth has nothing to do with this.

EDIT: Point proven with the dude below me. It's starting, look what you've done.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Last edited by Colgate Total at Jul 17, 2008,
Quote by jaked54

Yeah, I don't htink so on the Megadeth part.

Megadeth is still kick ass, having there own tours, and making a new album.

What are you doing aside from touching yourself at night at the sight of Fabio?
Anyone know if they are to release the album as... arrgh, I don't remember what you call it in english... those big black circles, you put a needle to them and there is music. Help please?
Quote by Malos
Anyone know if they are to release the album as... arrgh, I don't remember what you call it in english... those big black circles, you put a needle to them and there is music. Help please?

Vinyl?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Page 1 of 2