Hi. So I've been saving up some money for a while for a new amp, mostly I've been looking at the 6505+ or the Dual recto. However, a used single recto has popped up in my local area. I haven't really looked much into the single recto, but I play music like Metallica, Maiden, Ozzy and LoG but can play some other stuff such as GnR, Hendrix, etc. Does this amp have great distortion as well as the versitility to play some other genres? Thanks. Ps. I'm surrently playing a Valveking 100 head through a mesa recto standard slant cab (I will be selling the head). Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Jackson DK2M

Mesa Single Rectifier Half Stack

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
It may not be tight enough for LOG, but I think it'll cover the other tones well or decently. Why haven't you looked into a Marshall though? Out of the bands you listed, only Metallica (I think they used JCM's before AJFA) and LoG use Mesa.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
It may not be tight enough for LOG, but I think it'll cover the other tones well or decently. Why haven't you looked into a Marshall though? Out of the bands you listed, only Metallica (I think they used JCM's before AJFA) and LoG use Mesa.

Modded SLPs for Kill 'Em All. JCM 800 + tube screamer for Ride the Lightning. Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC + for master of puppets. Same rig for ...And Justice For All except for they use the ADA MP-1 for certain parts and they use an outboard graphic EQ and Marshalls as power amps. The black album was Mesa/Boogie Mark IV amps and Mesa/Boogie Studio pre amps. ADA MP-1 was also used. Load and Reload were Rectifers and St.Anger were Wizards and the Mesa/Boogie Traxis among other things.
Best thing to do is demo it.. I generally dont like Recto's but i did play a single that blew me away. While everyone else hates them... so im pretty sure it was modded to some degree it had a nice tight crunch with no sag... Was inpressed...
I personally never had a very high opinion on either Marshall's or Mesa'a. I think they are too expensive for what you get. But if you found a Single Rectifier cheap in your area, it may be worth buying. They are certainly very good amps and will suit the majority of the styles and bands you mentioned. But they it won't sound brilliant; just good.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Modded SLPs for Kill 'Em All. JCM 800 + tube screamer for Ride the Lightning. Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC + for master of puppets. Same rig for ...And Justice For All except for they use the ADA MP-1 for certain parts and they use an outboard graphic EQ and Marshalls as power amps. The black album was Mesa/Boogie Mark IV amps and Mesa/Boogie Studio pre amps. ADA MP-1 was also used. Load and Reload were Rectifers and St.Anger were Wizards and the Mesa/Boogie Traxis among other things.

TS, unless the Mesa is REALLY cheap, I'd go for a hot-rodded Marshall type amp.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
what would be the marshall best suited for my tastes? I've heard about the jcm 800 or 900, Which has most gain?
Jackson DK2M

Mesa Single Rectifier Half Stack

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
The 900, but a boosted 800 with hot pickups could get you there.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
The 900, but a boosted 800 with hot pickups could get you there.

I'd much prefer an 800 with a boosted OD as apposed to a 900.