Sup guys, I have 450 US Dollars. I need a new guitar. Ive been playing like a year, love playing, and my epiphone is slowly annoying me. I have a Valveking 112 amp, and I love to play Classic Rock, some metal, funk and a bit of jazz. I was thinking of an AL-3000. But, should I get the AL 3000 or the 2500 with the ESP Pickups..

Both are at rondo music. Or, can you recomend a diff guitar for the price thats better.
Get the AL-3000.

The EMGs on the 2500 aren't very versatile, and are more metal oriented. Between you and I, the Valveking can't do metal, without some assistance from a Tube Screamer.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Im not really a metal person anyway. When I say metal, I mean like occasional metallica song just cause I like kirk.. Im more of a classic rock person. Good ol Rock n' Roll
Quote by CrackerJack465
Im not really a metal person anyway. When I say metal, I mean like occasional metallica song just cause I like kirk.. Im more of a classic rock person. Good ol Rock n' Roll

The 3000 will do Metallica, and any other metal band, just not as well as the EMGs could. They're also amazing for rock.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
The Valveking and the 3000 should be fine for Metallica. The only other thing I would look into getting would be an EQ pedal to throw into the effects loop.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I have a 3000 right now which I'm reviewing for the August issue of FrugalGuitarist.com and love the pickups. Some of the best stock pickups for rock I've played in a humbucker guitar, certainly in that price range.
Sweet, im waiting for some new colors to come in and im gonna order it prob when I get to college.. I got some money saved up to buy one, and I dont really want my parents knowing XD
epipi SG or ESP SG or some dean or somin or hard tail iby
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I have an epi les paul 56 gold top and it kicks super ass.
It is only $499, more than you have but i would definately save up and get something along the lines of that
Quote by mocars
I have an epi les paul 56 gold top and it kicks super ass.
It is only $499, more than you have but i would definately save up and get something along the lines of that

dude ur like payen 30% of that price on the gold top waste
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
epipi SG or ESP SG or some dean or somin or hard tail iby

The Agile is superior to all these guitars.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by sandman-105
dude ur like payen 30% of that price on the gold top waste

Not really, there arent many quality epiphones much cheaper than the gold top, and its a really nice one as far as hard ware and tone
^To be fair the humbucker on the HSS leaves a lot to be desired, the AL-3000 of course is an LP copy but it definitely gets the job done and it's stock humbuckers are great. The AL-3000 imo is just the better value.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I'll just give you my standard answer: Standard Stratocastor HSS.

glad to see we can all spell
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by QuebecMetal
The Agile is superior to all these guitars.

im sure it is but then again he may buy and it and not like how the neck feels or somin like that and no im not tryin to knock on agile but im always weary about buyin anything i cant play/
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Kurt will take the Agile back if you notify him immediately that you don't like it. You have to ship it back within 10 days to get your money back. I can almost guarantee you that you won't want to ever put it down though.

I have an AL-3100 and it's amazing. It comes with really nice buckers with Alnico 5 magnets. They are very powerful and will do everything from clear leads to gritty power chords. It can do it all. The bridge pickup is very clear and bright. Slicing lead tones. The neck pickup is an awesome jazzy/bluesy pickup. Between the two you can get practically anything you want. It will do metallica just fine.

Agile is the one guitar I can is worth going out on a limb and buying before trying. They're that good. You're getting a 1200 dollar Gibson quality guitar for 400 bucks.
Ibanez ARC300DVS plugged into a Valve Jr. with a 1x12 custom Ear Candy cab and a blues driver. (Too many guitars to list.)

My Soundclick
I was thinking about the MIM start or some type of stratocaster.. But maybe its just preference, but I always had a thing for les paul style.. I know its not a real les paul, but there so so pretty looking..