Hi all

Does anyone have any experience with the Harley Benton cabinets? It's the home-brand of thomann.de. I think they're pretty cheap, but I have no experience in cabinets.

Harley Benton G412

Harley Benton G412A angled guitar cabinet - 250W RMS into 8 Ohms (mono), 2x 16 Ohm (stereo), 4x 12" speakers, large bin handles, jack connection, removable castors, plywood construction, 129dB max. SPL. Dimensions: 742 x 345 x 742mm. Weight: 39kg. Colour: Black.

Price: 168€ = 266USD

Harley Benton G412A Vintage

Harley Benton G412A vintage guitar cabinet - 4x12" Celestion Vintage 30 speakers, angled, 240watts into 8ohms, 2x 120watts into 16ohms, 16mm plywood construction, black Tolex covering, trim strip and castors. Dimensions: 742 x 345 x 742mm. Weight: 39kg.

Price: 345€ = 547USD

Are they any decent? What would be best: buying the cheapest model and replacing the speakers myself, or is the Celestion v30 model better for my situation? Or are the speakers of the cheapest model good as well.

I plan to play rock 'n roll, and a bit of metal. Think: White stripes, Aerosmith, Van Halen, 3 Doors Down, Metallica (old and new stuff), Iron Maiden.

If a speaker change is in place, what model? I've listend to soundclips on celestion.com, but i bet those are EQ'ed as hell so you can't really tell. For now i like the G12T-75 the best, then greenbacks and then the v30.

Do the speakers make that big of a difference anyway?
maybe the Vintage one cause it has Celestions in it...but I heard bad things about harley benton amp section...never played one tho.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
The cheaper one WITHOUT the celestions will be TERRIBLE.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO