Im so scared right now. I am in fear of my xb360's life. Everything works fine, until i try to load a game and within the first 1-15 seconds it freezes up, then i cant do anything and i have to press the power button to restart it, and once again, freezes. It just started doing this randomly yesterday. I've had it for about 9 months now...

So do i just need to clean some internals, or is the red ring of doom on its way to see me?
*Pats on back*

There, there, it will be dead within a couple of days.

Sorry, it's true. Just get ready to send it in. But whatever, there are no games out right now, so it's the best time for it.

EDIT: (Lol, lots of bias opinions already within the first few posts...)

Flame War comencing in:

Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Last edited by Just Andrew at Jul 17, 2008,
Not that much of a hassle, couple of guys iv'e known that have RRD'd sent it off and had it back within a week.
Current Gear:

PRS Custom 24 (Whale Blue)
Jackson KVX10 (With SD Blackouts)
Line 6 POD XT Live
Quote by Baboom
To bad PS3's are 1900000$ huh.

i know right
*plays Resistence Fall of Man on $1900000 console*
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by Tom_hatton
Lololololololool.

Serves you right for buying a crappy console

riiigghtt.... this somehow reminds me of the ps3 not getting any games made for it... and still being outperformed by the ps2, and even the wii....

man i am a 360 fanboy...

i'd rather make my toast on the ps3 cus that's what it's made for...
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by Baboom

Yeah I know right... $50.... deffinately = $1900000....
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Or, you could get the short end of the stick, and get a mentally retarded answer-machine like being on the other end of 1-800-4-MY-XBOX, and after 3 weeks of impatient waiting and stalker-like calling of the above number, you get your box to ship it in.

5 weeks later, you get a refurb XBox 360 in the mail, which will die within another 5 weeks, and thus the cycle restarts.

I'd rather do all this than pay an arm and a leg for a PS3.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by lexaah
riiigghtt.... this somehow reminds me of the ps3 not getting any games made for it... and still being outperformed by the ps2, and even the wii....

man i am a 360 fanboy...

i'd rather make my toast on the ps3 cus that's what it's made for...

Sorry man, but I have no sympathy. Buy a console that you know has dodgy hardware and you're just asking for trouble.

EDIT: Just realised you aren't TS

I stand by my statement though.
I'm sorry but the PS3 IS NOT that much more than the 360 like it used to be.... It's gone down like $200!! Get the PS3, its a better console and Everything on the 360 is on the PS3 Except Halo.... and you get Metal Gear Solid.... honestly.. its a very easy decision.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by SilentMoose
Not that much of a hassle, couple of guys iv'e known that have RRD'd sent it off and had it back within a week.

I sent mine on a Monday, got it back the next monday, plus free month of Xbox Live Gold, I've had it for about 6 months since then and it works fine
"For whiter teeth......try a F*CKING toothbrush!"
Last edited by zackmuise at Jul 17, 2008,
Tomorrow you will have the red ring of death ( The xbox dosn't turn on, and just blinks 3 red rings
Sorry for my crappy english, im from Denmark
I think it is dying, but you missed a spot, so that's gonna be a different colour.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
the 360 elite costs $50 more than the 40 gig ps3 at the eb games in victoria.

My wife bought the ps3 as a surprise for us.. and man its got some cool **** on it.

if the 360 wasn't PRONE to breaking all the time.. i'd get one for the all the RPGS it has..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Dark_Raven10
I'm sorry but the PS3 IS NOT that much more than the 360 like it used to be.... It's gone down like $200!! Get the PS3, its a better console and Everything on the 360 is on the PS3 Except Halo.... and you get Metal Gear Solid.... honestly.. its a very easy decision.

You know nothing, do you. Do you see Gears Of War, Dead Rising and Lost Odyssey on the PS3?

The 360 has a much better selection of good games. The PS3 has only one good exclusive, which is MGS4.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Do the Towel Trick and then leave your Xbox on all the time until you get the box to send it in.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Lololololololool.

Serves you right for buying a crappy console

lol

yea sounds like it's time for a PS3
or Wii

Im happy with both the PS3 and Wii although the game style is very different between the two.
Quote by Demon Wolf

You know nothing, do you. Do you see Gears Of War, Dead Rising and Lost Odyssey on the PS3?

The 360 has a much better selection of good games. The PS3 has only one good exclusive, which is MGS4.

Final Fantasy XIII is going to be PS3 exclusive. is it not?
Quote by Deliriumbassist

It's not. It's on the 360 now too.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

No, it is not. It's going to be released simultaneously in Europe and the US for both 360 and PS3.

And the 360 has by far the strongest RPG-line up of the two consoles, if you're into that sorta thing.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by fob12
Do the Towel Trick and then leave your Xbox on all the time until you get the box to send it in.

Why would you do the towel trick? If it doesn't work for whatever reason, your warranty is screwed.

Get the thing repaired/replaced, sell it, then buy a PS3. Sorted.
Quote by Demon Wolf
No, it is not. It's going to be released simultaneously in Europe and the US for both 360 and PS3.

And the 360 has by far the strongest RPG-line up of the two consoles, if you're into that sorta thing.

Well, that knocks down reasons for getting a PS3 down from 2 to 1. MGS4.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Why would you do the towel trick? If it doesn't work for whatever reason, your warranty is screwed.

Get the thing repaired/replaced, sell it, then buy a PS3. Sorted.

No, it works and doesn't do anything but reset the sensor chip because it over heats. In some cases, it even permanently fixed the 360. If you open the 360, that makes the warranty invalid. Anything you do outside the box is acceptable though. And Microsoft gives out new 360s now if they get the RROD.
Quote by Baboom

You pay the quality of what you're getting..

Same thing with guitars, if you wanna buy something good you have to pay a lot, otherwise you can settle with a crappy washburn for $100 and call yourself a guitarist..

PS3 costs more because it's simply better .
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Demon Wolf

yep, i love rpgs....cant wait for fable2
Well the good news is that now you're finally going to have a life (no offense, man)
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by Necrolust

PS3 costs more because it's simply better .

Not so simple.
Quote by fob12
No, it works and doesn't do anything but reset the sensor chip because it over heats. In some cases, it even permanently fixed the 360. If you open the 360, that makes the warranty invalid. Anything you do outside the box is acceptable though. And Microsoft gives out new 360s now if they get the RROD.

Well, that's me pwnt.
same **** happened to my 360.. had to send it in twice
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Well, that knocks down reasons for getting a PS3 down from 2 to 1. MGS4.

That and it doesn't break for the insolence that you try to play a game on it
And the 360 has a superior online platform.

Sure, they occassionally break, and that shouldn't happen... but Microsoft's been really quick with fixing them. My brother got his back in five days, and a free month of Xbox Live.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
contact microsoft or the place where you bought it to find out about sending it off for repairs within the warranty period. i'd suggest not opening it up and fiddling around with it.
from daylight...
...into darkness