I just got my pickups
neck: seymour duncan '59
bridge: Seymour Duncan SH-14 Custom 5

any tips to install them myself would be great.
pretty straightforward replacement if you don't want to split the coils. otherwise you'll have to either add a switch or two, either push/pull switched pots. or mini switches. if you don't use your tone controls, you can use those to split the coils , but you'll lose the tone function of course ( i'm assuming you're putting these in the Epi )
Takes a Knockin' and Keeps on Rockin" DOA #08-01502
Quote by ferretjoe
pretty straightforward replacement if you don't want to split the coils. otherwise you'll have to either add a switch or two, either push/pull switched pots. or mini switches. if you don't use your tone controls, you can use those to split the coils , but you'll lose the tone function of course ( i'm assuming you're putting these in the Epi )

Will I have to modify the pickup guard?
if ur puttin the pups in the epi, no

EDIT: pic loaded......no, just unscrew the old ones and put the new ones in. And of course solder where needed
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
seymour duncan has wiring diagrams for nearly any wiring combo I can think of. Check them out and see what interests you.
Not taking any online orders.
^wow im an idiot for not metioning that. yeah the SD website has every diagram ever thought up by anyone. except active/passive combos, but those are realllllllly rare, so, yeah.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
neither. the first one is two vol, two tone, but it has a coil split as well, and the second one is two vol. only.....

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_2v_2t_3w
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
no problem
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
I forgot about pickup rings...

By the time I had taken my guitar apart, and had removed the original pickups from the pickup rings. I noticed that they are a different size, and that my pickups have 2 screws while the ring has 4. So I am going to buy some new RINGS.

Now the guitar is ghetto rigged, I electrical taped some foam to both sides of the NEW pickups and stuck them in there. Soldering went great from there. But it doesn't sound very nice, its clear but it doesn't even sound as nice as my old pickups. I think it might be because of the NEW strings.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Four screws to mount the pickup? That doesn't sound right.
They have 4 screws to mount to the guitar, and two screws for pickup height.

well its two per side on the original (4 all together).. 1 on each side for the new (2 all together)..

I fixed my pickup connection problem. I forgot to tape the red and white together, I just left them alone and didn't think they would be used.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, I'm syaing it's not right because I own a G-400, and my pickup bezels have on screw per side.

You need to solder the red and white together, then tape them off, btw.

Mine looks like this but its got two screws per side. I solder and tape (I just taped)(better solder..)?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, I guess if yours has two, it's got two.
Just saying, I've got one in black, and it has normal ones.

Guess you gotta get new bezels.

Whats a bezel?
Why is my guitar all weird and different?
bezel and pup ring are the same thing. its possibly a factory defect.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
bezel and pup ring are the same thing. its possibly a factory defect.

oh..
wish I had the trapezoid inlays instead of stupid dots...
Quote by forsaknazrael
That's also odd. I have trapezoidal inlays.

mine looks exactly like the one in the picture. minus the pickup ring.
do u have a set neck and a half pickguard
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by hans the lefty
do u have a set neck and a half pickguard

I have the half pickguard. I don't know about the neck
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, it's simple. Are there screws or a metal plate at the heel of your neck, where it meets the body?

just the screw from the strap button.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Set neck, then. Still odd about the pickup bezels, though.

yeah..I am going to buy some new bezels. my guitar is ghetto rigged. foam taped around the pickups to hold them in place.