Just bought some RotoSound Swing 66's today on the way home from getting all 4 wisdom teeth cut out.

and i must say. my bass sounds like a whole different beast now. in a GOOD FRIGGIN way.

wow......... i cant beleive ive actually been buying Fender Super Mediums this whole time...... they dont eve come close...........

if u havent tried RotoSound 66's, try them, their a must, unless you hate mega super ultra bright sound.
I have. They sucked.

End of.

/thread.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Rotos for the win! thefitz has a roto group on here, join up ftw
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Everyones talking about RotoSounds and I really want to try them out. Can you get them at Guitar Center?
I was a Roto fan, they sound great once they've been aged. But earlier today I tried an Ibanez SR3005 with a set of Elixiers on it, and needless to say, my next set of strings will be Elixiers.

edit: ^You can get then in nearly all major shops.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I've never liked the sound and feel of Rotos. Elixers are my favorite if I'ma be playing finger style, and DRs if I'll be playing mopre with a pick. Elixers are amazing, but I'm not sure I can still justify the price lol.

check out all they videos on youtube
they dead serious about thuggin like that
if you ask me they are fruity
an i hope one morning they drown in there fruit loops
I'd take my Stadium Elites over a set of Rotos any day of the week.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Damn straight. If only I could have converted more of the bass forum

Send me a set and make me a believer. I have your cereal all waiting and ready...
Bales, as I said in Max's Bass o' the month, I will send over packs of Elites for Lucky Charms. I don't think people got the fact that I was actually being serious.

EDIT: Tam, if you can hold on till October when I have money to actually spare, hoik us over your address and I will happily ship.
Ben if you're serious, PM me. I'd be more than willing to make a honest trade.

[EDIT]And I'm serious, I'd be happy to send you your Lucky Charms--they're magically delicious.
I'm tired of spending £8 on a box of lucky charms Anyways, yeah, I get my student loan through early October (all the money I have now gets me basic food until then, so I can't really spare any atm to buy strings). But hey, that gives you a few months to deaden up your current set
Different strings suit different basses...I wouldn't put Rotos on my artcore but they're good on solidbody basses. I don't think they age that well compared to d'Addarios.
Different strings suit different basses...I wouldn't put Rotos on my artcore but they're good on solidbody basses. I don't think they age that well compared to d'Addarios.

I couldn't agree more. I loved Rotos when I played 4 strings, and have 66 swings on my Peavey P-bass clone but use D'Addarios on both my 6-strings.
so what set of string swould you recommend for a 5 string, elixers? a whole set of five costs... *looks up prices* FIFTY DOLLARS!!! (U.S.) crap
i ruv my Rotos. <oh no, here it comes> bought my first set in 1979. i don't see myself changing brands anytime soon.

Edit: interesting note, i paid $39.95 for my first set. that was huge money for a 19yr old in 1979. now i pay $20 or so, at GC. plus they do a buy one, get one free a couple of times a year.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Jul 17, 2008,
Quote by anarkee
Send me a set and make me a believer. I have your cereal all waiting and ready...

I could send you a set. Then you can send Ben the cereal. It can be my present to you both .
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
I could send you a set. Then you can send Ben the cereal. It can be my present to you both .

Chris you have a deal. I'll PM my address in a moment and then Ben can PM me his.

Thank you luv! Cheers!
Lucky charms are better than rotosounds: Fact

its been many a year since I ate lucky charms...it sucks all you american peeps still have access to sensibly priced Lucky Charms...sigh...when we put our "Claypool bass stealing" plan into action, remind me to pick up a few boxes please Tam.

And Rotos are great, I need to slap some on my Mustang, I hate the bloody stock strings and have el zilcho money atm, but made some cash on our last gig,and that should pay for a set
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Edit: interesting note, i paid $39.95 for my first set. that was huge money for a 19yr old in 1979. now i pay $20 or so, at GC. plus they do a buy one, get one free a couple of times a year.

Where are you finding Rotos for 20!? I have to pay $40 for a set
Lucky Charms are stilll pretty expensive around me! I cant seem to talk myself into buying a box which will only make 5-6 bowls max for $4 and some change. Ill stick to my giant budget boxes of Cheerios .

(more) On topic, it seems like the only strings carried near me are EBs. Im not complaining though. I seem to like them pretty good. If i can find some Rotos though, Ill try them.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/