Today a few hours ago, i decided to clean my guitar. So i took a towel, dampened it, took out my acoustic guitars strings, and began slowly rubbing my guitar in circles, then i rubbed off the water. (i also took out some small wood pieces from the inside because they made an annoying rattling sound while they were in). So i strung it and tuned it, and it sounds more clearer and brighter! Does anyone has any similar experience?
Perhaps it might be from the new set of strings you put on it!

But, if you didn't put on new strings, or if your old ones were relatively new, I don't know what to say. Perhaps the taking out of the wood chunks helped.

Kudos to you, my friend!!!
Do NOT look behind you.
no i didnt change my strings, the sames ones i took off i put on back, they were two weeks old
Last edited by Haedadru at Jul 17, 2008,
well, change your strings then... it'll make your guitar sound even better!
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
I think what happened was very clear, your guitar was touched by Jesus in a past life, this cleaning and rubbing was all it took to make it feel good about its self and finally let out its specialness.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

(i also took out some small wood pieces from the inside because they made an annoying rattling sound while they were in).

Please elaborate.
^ I'm a bit curious about those pieces of wood too. Pics of them might help. Let's hope they're not what we suspect they are Tom.
Quote by Haedadru
no i didnt change my strings, the sames ones i took off i put on back, they were two weeks old

heh, you put them back on?
firs time ive ever heard someone doin that before :P

I dunno mate, maybe you just felt better now that your guitar was all clean, so you looked at it less critically
Quote by mdwallin
heh, you put them back on?
firs time ive ever heard someone doin that before :P

I dunno mate, maybe you just felt better now that your guitar was all clean, so you looked at it less critically

I just did this on my Gibson SG. But, I didn't remove them completely from the tuning posts. I just loosened them enough to pop the stop bar off the adjusting screws. I needed the strings off in order to install a pair of pickup adjusting rings.
But normally, if you remove the strings all the way from the guitar, you put a new set back on. It's a pain to try to rethread the curled up string into the tuning post and get it to sit exactly where it was.

And Haedaru, you did a good thing there. You should be wiping down those strings after you play the guitar every time. Crud and whatnot get's built up in the wraps of the strings, causing them to go dead after a while. No doubt you cleaned enough of it out and gave the strings a new lease on life. You'll only get away with this a few times tho and then you'll have to buy new strings. Good job!
Cleaning your guitar will usually make it sound better. Dirt f***s it up or something. I don't know the science behind it, but all I know is after I clean everything and oil the fretboard, it sounds a lot better than it did when it was getting gunky and dusty.

You should clean it frequently. Not like, mega-frequently every day kind of thing (do that for your strings), but I'd say if you feel like changing all your strings, do that whole cleaning gig. You might also want to straighten out the neck and any other little adjustments you want to make.
wood pieces were small id say about 2 toothpicks worth, actually rethreading them is actually easy, just pull on the strings while turning the pegs, they come out somewhat straight, i do clean my guitar every month and a half ive cleaned it only two times so far. And VanTheKraut that may have happened when the tree was still an infant jesus came and while talking accidently touched the tree with his foot
When strings are put right back on after being loosened the usually sound brighter for a little bit, happens to me all the time.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
wood pieces were small id say about 2 toothpicks worth,

Splintering from poor quality internal bracing is all I can think of.