I was wondering, does the additional middle pickup ever get in the way of your picking?

Also, does the middle pickup actually sound any good?
Well, it didn't really for me. I guess it's all down to pick attack.

I never used it to be honest, I like to go Ritchie Blackmore and not use it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
yes, plenty of times. my rythm guitarist had a gibby black beauty look alike les paul, i always end up scratching the middle pup with my pick, just can't deal with it,
It depends on how you play. I always find myself catching the neck pickup with my thumbpicks. So it would REALLY piss me off having that chunky humbucker there.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I think if you do pinch harmonic the way I do, the middle pickup might pose a little bit of problem.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Jul 17, 2008,
That's what I thought. I wonder why Gibson bothers with 3 pickups. I really don't like the look.
yea, it looks pretty ugly. I've never played it so can't comment about the picking.
i think they look nice.....anyway what sound does it make?Is it closer to the neck or bridge pup?
meh
i dunno, i have the epiphone black beauty and i find the middle pup doesn't get in the way at all when i pick
and it looks freaking sexy
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I'd imagine it would. Sometimes if I'm picking over my bridge pickup for some reason, my pick is literally resting on the pickup itself as I pick the strings. My bridge pickup is pretty high