I've never really listened to any form of electronic music before, but I heard this dillinger song and it got me thinking. Is there any bands out there that use drum machines, synth, and other electronic instuments that don't have vocals?

I want a good beat with interesting or cool sounding parts. But I don't wanna be listening to rap beats. Does such a band exist? And if so could you point me in their direction?

EDIT: You guys don't have to ****in talk to me like I'm a retard. If you have the ability to read you would have just read that I've never listened to any form of electronic music before, hence I know nothing about the genre.

And so far, all the bands I've found on my own have vocals.
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...
Last edited by Musical Meds at Jul 18, 2008,
yeah, that's kind of a tough call. i'd say daft punk would be a good start, since the only vox used are loops. as for other types of non-rap/hip-hop sounding electronic, look into trance music, which is a lot of the electronic i listen to. some notable artists would be Paul van Dyk, Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Darude, etc. also another band i think you would like that's a little more "band-like" would be Pendulum, they're quite unique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG11CyGszOA&feature=related
Quote by Meths
You're seriously asking for electronic music with no vocals? About 90% of electronic music has no vocals.

This is true.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I'd recommend you'd head over to the stickied Techno & Dance thread, and also the Really General Guide to Dance Music.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.