Page 1 of 5
He's a ****ing asshole. I'd love to picket his funeral. I guarantee /b/tards will bring something like "Fred Phelps Loves Fags." or "God Hates Fred Phelps."
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
I'm a baptist (not the same denomination as this man) but still, I don't see the point in this.
Quote by Wiirdo
He's a ****ing asshole. I'd love to picket his funeral. I guarantee /b/tards will bring something like "Fred Phelps Loves Fags."

And so it is planned. We will picket his funeral, which will likely be 2 weeks after John McCain's funeral.
Quote by MastaBassist10
I find it funny that he refers to carlin both as an agnostic and an atheist.

Why? You can be both.
Quote by maggot9779
Westobro Bapists hate everyone.

My precise response.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
wow. old asshole needs to get over it. there is no god.
Quote by RPGoof
Heavy metal indicates you are using meth, LSD, ecstasy or cocaine.
I have nothing to say here. There's no sense arguing against a madman.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Old news. As far as I'm concerned, the state of Kansas should revoke their status as a church and classify them as a hate group. If they don't like living in a country where homosexuality is tolerated, then they can move to Russia and see how they like it there.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Quote by freedoms_stain
Can't the US government just make them disappear?

Who you gonna call?

Westborobusters!
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by maggot9779
Why? You can be both.

Atheist
1. Someone who believes that there is no God.

Agnostic
1. Someone who claims that they do not know or are unable to know whether God exists.
2. One who holds the theory that God is unknown or unknowable

Explain how you can be both please.
Last edited by ViperScale at Jul 17, 2008,
Quote by freedoms_stain
Can't the US government just make them disappear?

No, despite their extreme ignorance and bigotry, they have a right to do what they're doing, just like you have a right to hate them for it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by ViperScale
Atheist
1. Someone who believes that there is no God.

Agnostic
1. Someone who claims that they do not know or are unable to know whether God.
2. One who holds the theory that God is unknown or unknowable

Explain how you can be both please.

You can hold the belief that there's no God without thinking it's provable.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
what an idiot.

i like the idea of protesting his funeral. id go, but im guessing it would be in kansas (thats where theyre from right?). thats a little far for me to travel for that. but i hope someone does it.
Quote by break-me-in
You can hold the belief that there's no God without thinking it's provable.

That makes you an agnostic then.*

aka you don't want to believe in a god but saying you are unsure.
Quote by daytripper75
what an idiot.

i like the idea of protesting his funeral. id go, but im guessing it would be in kansas (thats where theyre from right?). thats a little far for me to travel for that. but i hope someone does it.

Yeah, I can't travel that far, but I will gladly make signs to ship.
Before this goes off topic let's not debate semantics. It's a tired old debate and it's pretty pointless.
Quote by maggot9779
Atheist - No god belief.

Agnostic - No knowledge of gods existence.

Agnostic - There is a possiblity that a god could exist.

Atheist - There is no god.
Quote by ViperScale
That makes you an agnostic then.*

aka you don't want to believe in a god but saying you are unsure.

No, you can believe something without having definitive proof. Which means you can be both.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
No, you can believe something without having definitive proof. Which means you can be both.

Athiest - Someone who believes that there is no God.

There is no maybe in that statement so anything else, other then 100% belief in no god, is not athiest.
Wouldn't it be shorter to make a list of people that they don't hate?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by ViperScale

There is no maybe in that statement so anything else, other then 100% belief in no god, is not athiest.

Yes, BELIEF. Belief does not constitute proof. You can believe wholeheartedly that there is no God without thinking that it can be proven that you're right.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Wouldn't it be shorter to make a list of people that they don't hate?
They have one, they're all called Phelps.
Quote by Foible776
wow. old asshole needs to get over it. there is no god.

+1
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by break-me-in
Yes, BELIEF. Belief does not constitute proof. You can believe wholeheartedly that there is no God without thinking that it can be proven that you're right.

I will give you that, but then the problem is agnostic and athiestism would be equal to themself in a sense. I think the difference is in the degree of belief. Athiest would say there is no god I am not wrong. Agnostic would say I don't believe there is a god but I am not sure.

Depending on how you define each word you could make them say the same thing but if you look at the deeper implied meaning of it, then you can't be both.
Quote by maggot9779
Why? You can be both.

Huh? I talked about that in Philosophy a year ago and I don't think you can, but don't quote me on it.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
I love the WBC. They give me something to hate that I don't have to send money to.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by ViperScale
I will give you that, but then the problem is agnostic and athiestism would be equal to themself in a sense. I think the difference is in the degree of belief. Athiest would say there is no god I am not wrong. Agnostic would say I don't believe there is a god but I am not sure.

Depending on how you define each word you could make them say the same thing but if you look at the deeper implied meaning of it, then you can't be both.

You can be both, it's just much easier to think of agnostics as people who are unsure. Tbh, I think the definition should be altered to mean that.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I've noticed something interesting about Fred Phelps. He never seems to mention Jesus. Ever. All he ever talks about is how God hates everyone except them, and how everyone's going to hell. Christianity isn't about shoving your beliefs of a vengeful, fire-and-brimstone, Old Testament-style God down everyone else's throats. It's about following the teachings of Jesus. And I'm fairly familiar with Jesus's teachings, and he never said anything about hating gays irrationally, disrespecting the dead by picketing funerals, and I certainly don't remember anything about damning an entire country, including believers, to Hell.
^You must have missed the first half.

Quote by MastaBassist10
I find it funny that he refers to carlin both as an agnostic and an atheist.

You can be both.

And the WBC hates everyone. Who cares?

Quote by ViperScale

Atheist - someone who lacks belief in a god or gods.

Agnosticism is simply the opinion that the existence of a god cannot be proved or disproved. You cannot just be agnostic. You can be an agnostic atheist or an agnostic theist.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Page 1 of 5