ok ive heard that the 18volt mod really opens up your EMG's sound and i want to do it really bad but on my guitar there is a battery placement area that is seperate from the main controls...is there a way i can do the mod without routing out a hole in my guitar?
You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
Quote by conquistador
ok ive heard that the 18volt mod really opens up your EMG's sound and i want to do it really bad but on my guitar there is a battery placement area that is seperate from the main controls...is there a way i can do the mod without routing out a hole in my guitar?

Just attach the other 9v batter in the controls compartment and your set... The wires should run in there so you can tag into them. Then pad the battery drop it in and your good...
anyone have a tutorial on how to do that im **** with electronics and wiring
You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
just throw a set of blackouts in it and call it a day...i just returned a jackson rr24 cuz i A,B'd it next to both my blackouts guitars and it couldnt hold its own...even my gf could tell the difference and she knows jack about guitars...
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by conquistador

Here you go....

http://home.comcast.net/~mgollihur/emgmod.html

Check out Fig:3. Make a harness out of 3 connectors.

Clip one to the pickup battery connector - and attach batteries to the other two. Shove the second battery in between the pots.
Note: You might want to feed the wires of one connector (before you connect it to the rest of the harness) through the conduit from the battery compartment and to the rest of the electronics in your guitar.
Last edited by 667 at Jul 17, 2008,