Well this is a new song me and my band are going to be playing called "Shallow Distractions".

It's not quie finished yet, We need to put in bass, and the vocals are very rough. There are no vocals for the second verse yet. Plus there's an ending I wanted to add that has not been put in yet. But most of the song is there, so hopefully you get the idea.

The song is in the UG band profile, there's a link at the top of my sig. C4C.
I'm a person.
Pretty cool! I really liked the bluesy intro with the phaser thingy! but that part could have been shorter. I loved the solos, they were aaaaawesome great tone, great production great everything! You should work on the vocals though!
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
i really liked the vocals at the beginning, but when the crunchy guitar comes in it seems outta place till like the end of the song when you've forgotten the beginning was so different.

The vocals really weren't 'bad', there were a couple notes in the chorus you're off on, but your voice is original, kinda different like Corgan and the dude from REM don't have traditional "i hit every note perfectly and then add some gruffness" rock voices.

and the leads were like candy. sweet sweet candy.

good production aswell.

aces sir, aces.
the phaser bit is cool and the vocals sound good with it, it really reminds me of foo fighter, it sounds like there might be a little bit too much reverb on the vox, that make the singer sound like his is singing fro ma distance away. i reckon this song could do with some backing vocals in teh chorus, your singign needs more power and conviction beind his vocals, more agression. that vocal slide to the solo is poor remove it immediatly lol, teh solo is fantastic, not only does it sound good it also changes up the song as it was becoming dangerously close to being repetitive.

thi'll be a great song with new vocals and soem bass to round it out

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=912665
Okay so I went through the song and redid all of the vocals, so they sound LITTLE better now. Plus, I added bass, and vocals to the second verse. So this is pretty much the final product. But the drums will probrably be changed eventually.
I'm a person.
I like the beginning with the bluesy phaser. The vocals are alright, a little iffy at some parts. Diggin the lead part, maybe change it up the 2nd time around, but it's nice either way. Sweet solo though. Overall it was good I liked it!
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Haha uber late reply sorrrry

Cool intro. The effect on it kept it from being boring, flanger right? The vocals were a little too low in the mix. The vocals themselves were pretty good as well. Once the distortion comes in, it sounds good but it really lacks a bass presence. It's a little too trebly for my tastes. The lead sounds really good, however I think it's just a little too heavily effected. I like how you changed it up a bit at 2:18. It was starting to get a little boring. I think I notice a part where the bass and the guitars clash a little too much...it's not that bad but it was a little bit annoying. Haha wooooah the song really surprised me at 4:08. I really love this, it made me wanna get up and...run or something hahaha. The solo is sick, great job. The way you slowed back down into the chorus was really smooth, nice job, and it was a nice break from the fast solo.

Overall, really great job! Especially that fast bit, my favorite
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Quote by NovemberRain273
Haha uber late reply sorrrry

Cool intro. The effect on it kept it from being boring, flanger right? The vocals were a little too low in the mix. The vocals themselves were pretty good as well. Once the distortion comes in, it sounds good but it really lacks a bass presence. It's a little too trebly for my tastes. The lead sounds really good, however I think it's just a little too heavily effected. I like how you changed it up a bit at 2:18. It was starting to get a little boring. I think I notice a part where the bass and the guitars clash a little too much...it's not that bad but it was a little bit annoying. Haha wooooah the song really surprised me at 4:08. I really love this, it made me wanna get up and...run or something hahaha. The solo is sick, great job. The way you slowed back down into the chorus was really smooth, nice job, and it was a nice break from the fast solo.

Overall, really great job! Especially that fast bit, my favorite

Hey dude thanks for finally critting it! lol

Yeah I actually have a new version of it where the vocals and bass are both turned up in the mix. I'm too lazy to upload it though, because songs take like an hour to upload on dial-up.

Yeah the fast bit is my favorite too.
I'm a person.
The phaser thin is cool, kind of builds it up while staying mellow. The vocals are quite cool! Maybe a little too much reverb? When it comes in properly it's cool, reminds me of AC DC with a modern twist. The vocals could be slightly stronger in the 2nd verse. It's quite feel-good though lmao. The bridge (anti-soical bit) is cool, the arrangement are fine tbh. Good effects on the lead guitar!!
The chorus is cool, but maybe some vocal harmonisation or background "Ahhhhhs" to fill it out?? I think that would be a good idea (credit me in the liner notes dammit!) lmao.
The end is awesome! The tapping is really cool, its like the song has done a turn around but pulled it off. The lead tone is ****in great!
Overall, good ****! But could be polished a bit more. Good production, how you do it??

Mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=922431
Quote by the1
The phaser thin is cool, kind of builds it up while staying mellow. The vocals are quite cool! Maybe a little too much reverb? When it comes in properly it's cool, reminds me of AC DC with a modern twist. The vocals could be slightly stronger in the 2nd verse. It's quite feel-good though lmao. The bridge (anti-soical bit) is cool, the arrangement are fine tbh. Good effects on the lead guitar!!
The chorus is cool, but maybe some vocal harmonisation or background "Ahhhhhs" to fill it out?? I think that would be a good idea (credit me in the liner notes dammit!) lmao.
The end is awesome! The tapping is really cool, its like the song has done a turn around but pulled it off. The lead tone is ****in great!
Overall, good ****! But could be polished a bit more. Good production, how you do it??

Mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=922431

Oh my god...... that ida for the "ahhhhs" is perfect.... why didn't I think of that? lol
I'm a person.