OK so I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, I love it, love the tone I get from it BUUUUUT I don't know how to get that sound onto an actual recording on my computer. I mean i know i can put a mic up to the amp but the quality is ****. I also have "PRE AMP OUT" and "POWER AMP IN" jacks on the amp and wondered if I could use any of those to hook up to the computer to get the sound out of the amp?
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 110

Guitars:
Fender Strat - HSS
Takamine: EG544SC-4C
Kay Acoustic

Effects:
Morley Bad Horsie II
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
i was sorta wondering the same thing

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Well you can record from the Line out, but you will need a cab sim.

Isntead, first get a cheap soundcard with an XLR input. Line6 and Tascam make good ones for low cost. Then get a mic. The Shure SM57 is the industry standard among guitar micing. But htere are many types of mics. I generally use an ADK A51e for my recordings, but I'm experienced with mids. The Sm57 is a good start, all around, cheap and sounds good. You can also check out the Sennheieser e606, which is great too. Then you don't even need a stand for it! I prefer Sennheisers to Shures.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
yeah i've tried running some effects like normal BUT instead of plugging it into the amp i just plugged it into the computer....horrible **** no luck at all
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 110

Guitars:
Fender Strat - HSS
Kay Acoustic

Effects:
Morley Bad Horsie II
Boss BD-2
how much are the shure sm57s?
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 110

Guitars:
Fender Strat - HSS
Kay Acoustic

Effects:
Morley Bad Horsie II
Boss BD-2
$100...which I'm guessing you probably don't want to spend.
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
ehh i mean one of these days hopefully i'd get around to it but i mean at this very moment not really.....im more into playing out a lot more than recording.
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 110

Guitars:
Fender Strat - HSS
Kay Acoustic

Effects:
Morley Bad Horsie II
Boss BD-2
Quote by Gabel

Isntead, first get a cheap soundcard with an XLR input. Line6 and Tascam make good ones for low cost. Then get a mic. The Shure SM57 is the industry standard among guitar micing. But htere are many types of mics. I generally use an ADK A51e for my recordings, but I'm experienced with mids. The Sm57 is a good start, all around, cheap and sounds good. You can also check out the Sennheieser e606, which is great too. Then you don't even need a stand for it! I prefer Sennheisers to Shures.

^^^ what he said, TASCAM US-144 is a brilliant product
http://tascam.com/products/us-144.html
I wanted that for christmas last year but instead my parents got me a toneport, which still is DECENT at most, but i'd rather get the tone that im getting right out of my fantastic TRAYNOR YCV50 BLUE that i just got instead of all this modeling stuff
Quote by char_107
^^^ what he said, TASCAM US-144 is a brilliant product
http://tascam.com/products/us-144.html
I wanted that for christmas last year but instead my parents got me a toneport, which still is DECENT at most, but i'd rather get the tone that im getting right out of my fantastic TRAYNOR YCV50 BLUE that i just got instead of all this modeling stuff

if you know how to use it, the toneports are fantastic affordable recording tools. he's looking for something pretty cheap, this could work great for him.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.