Page 1 of 2
Just wondering what everybodies hardest song that they can play is. Mine is Master of the Puppetts although i cant get the solo perfect but i can do it.
tried to learn stabwound by necrophagist...
fail.
so i learned hourglass by lamb of god.
I can't play the solo's note for note on any of these (I can fake it well enough) but,
Fatal Tragedy
Overture 1928
Voices
Yste Jam

all by Dream Theater
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
through the fire and flames- dragonforce

not really
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
well, id say Embody the Invisible by In Flames, but I play it so often, that it's just fun to me, so I'll go with Cowboys From Hell
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
jordan by buckethead or smolto arpeggiosa by yngwie malmsteen (also known as arpegios form hell)
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Fortress- Protest the Hero
If you know the whole cd can it be considered a song?
If not limb from limb by them
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
Quote by BHC zoley
Fortress- Protest the Hero
If you know the whole cd can it be considered a song?
If not limb from limb by them

Sure why not. If you can play a full hard album thats pretty impressive and also worth a mention.
Well, that would have to be one of my own, an 8-minute track called When Dreams Subside...

Other than that, probably Overture 1928, I usually can't be bothered with learning entire songs for the sake of it, only pick out the parts that sound like they'd be good to learn...
Glasgow Kiss by John Petrucci
Or maybe Home by Dream Theater
Can play them both start to finish now.
~ J6hn
in flames... soundtrack to your escape... the whole album... in 3 hours... yeah i know... i took too long.... bla bla bla
Quote by Aziraphale
Well, that would have to be one of my own, an 8-minute track called When Dreams Subside...

Other than that, probably Overture 1928, I usually can't be bothered with learning entire songs for the sake of it, only pick out the parts that sound like they'd be good to learn...

Do you have a link to the song to let us hear it?
Vivaldis summer tribute by patrick rondat (spelling) or arpegios from hell by yngwie malmsteen
Not particularily on topic but a good piece of advice nonetheless. TS, you should try to play that song perfectly. You've identified your trouble is in the solo. There's no point in focussing on playing the whole song from start to finish, your aim should be to perfect the solo. Once you do that you'll be able to practice the whole way through and it will be efficient practicing. Try to identify the parts that trip you up in the solo and practice them a lot. From now on don't play the full song unless you've played the solo correctly 5 times. Do something like that. that way you'll be able to play the song much better and one of the more impressive parts will sound better.

Do this with all of the songs you know.
well as of today

Stabwound
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Quote by KidBARTLEY
Do you have a link to the song to let us hear it?

www.myspace.com/cohobation

It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the stupid harmonic minor thing at 05:13 that my bassist wrote for it, not only do I have to sync it with the keyboards but I have to keep doing it for 8 goddamn measures...

Hope you like the song, and thanks for asking
Quote by Aziraphale
www.myspace.com/cohobation

It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the stupid harmonic minor thing at 05:13 that my bassist wrote for it, not only do I have to sync it with the keyboards but I have to keep doing it for 8 goddamn measures...

Hope you like the song, and thanks for asking

Thats a pretty kick ass song along with a kick ass solo. I am impressed. How long did it take to do?
master of puppets(with solos), one(with solos), battery(without solo). theyre pretty easy
Quote by evolucian
twinkle twinkle little star... next stop... mary had a little lamb

Listen to SRV's version of Mary Had a Little Lamb. IMO, one of his best and most underrated songs.

As for answering the question, there are really only a few songs that I learn all the way through. The most difficult ones would be between The Attitude Song (Steve Vai), Curse of Castle Dragon and Full Tank (both Paul Gilbert). In the latter two, I just improvise the solos.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Quote by KidBARTLEY
Thats a pretty kick ass song along with a kick ass solo. I am impressed. How long did it take to do?

Thanks man It started with me and the drummer jamming out most of the riffs during a lunch break at school, then we structured it out and added a few riffs during band practice, and that was pretty much it :p It's a cool way of writing songs, because you never know what your bandmates might come up with...
SRV's Pride and Joy, improvising some parts of his solos..

Other than that, JFAC's Entombment of a Machine (easy)
For Teh Br00tlez.

And maybe a few others.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
For me it would prolly be Of Sound and Fury by Lovehatehero cuz i cant switch from my electric guitar to my acoustic fast enough.
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Your crying like a baby to the pit....You have pretty much ruined it for yourself.
blackened by metallica and ride the lightning that has a ****ing hard solo
Quote by Iron_Dude
Listen to SRV's version of Mary Had a Little Lamb. IMO, one of his best and most underrated songs.

As for answering the question, there are really only a few songs that I learn all the way through. The most difficult ones would be between The Attitude Song (Steve Vai), Curse of Castle Dragon and Full Tank (both Paul Gilbert). In the latter two, I just improvise the solos.

yeah iron... i'd agree. but SRV is legend man... lenny is absolutely amazing. another legend that a lot of you youngen's can learn from is jeff beck! he'll play stuff that'll make your butt go poop.

in all fairness the hardest song i ever played would probably be erotomania by dream theater... so much so i started warming up with it... but that was a long time ago... preferring my own music at this point. learning from others is cool... but doing your own music... priceless... mastercard... get yours now
Too old to rock and roll - Jethro Tull.

It's not challenging on a technical level, but it's got some fiddly sections and there's a lot of chord changes to remember.

I'm also working through "Songs from the Wood", which has more elision and odd bars and key changes, but has a very limited amount of guitar work.

Definitely tougher than a couple of power chords and a linear guitar solo.
I used to play alot of Metallica stuff, minus solos, but as Ive started listening to other (harder) things Like Dream Theater, Satch etc, I ve found going back and learning the Metallica (Puppets, Horsemen, No Remorse, Creeping Death)stuff isnt that hard any more.

I can play Pull Me Under (pretty much note perfect most of the time), and I'm in the middle of learning the Stream Of Consciousness solo, as well as the fast part in Erotomania (all Dream Theater - can you guess my favourite band? )

I can also play Joe Satriani's Day at the Beach pretty well, (a song my mum/gran/aunties actually like) though it's all tapping, which to someone who doesnt know how to do it or cant do it it would look pretty difficult, but it is actually a very easy song, once you learn the main 2 or 3 patterns.
Anybody here think any rush songs are difficult? I quite like them but havent heard them mentioned.
Wonderwall
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Page 1 of 2