Yeah, this is my first attempt at singing...

Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots (Part 1) by The Flaming Lips

I made the drum track with Steinberg Groove Agent, and recorded the rest in Cubase.

Comments and criticism would be nice. It's in my profile!
Last edited by filthandfury at Jul 17, 2008,
You're too unfaithful to make a faithful cover, and too faithful to make an unfaithful cover.

Actually no, i'd just like it if you made the drums less Flaming Lips-like if you're going to make the acoustic guitar your main instrument. There's something to your style paired with your voice, but the drums make it seem like a half-assed attempt at a faithful cover

Also, no need to use that chord progression in the electric lead, there's plenty of fun to have with this song, it may be your thing to not make it complex, but this is experimental pop!
Quote by Bmm386
You're too unfaithful to make a faithful cover, and too faithful to make an unfaithful cover.

Actually no, i'd just like it if you made the drums less Flaming Lips-like if you're going to make the acoustic guitar your main instrument. There's something to your style paired with your voice, but the drums make it seem like a half-assed attempt at a faithful cover

Also, no need to use that chord progression in the electric lead, there's plenty of fun to have with this song, it may be your thing to not make it complex, but this is experimental pop!

So you think I should change the drum beat to something less Flaming Lips? Okay, that's easily done, but I won't upload, as this one is already rated and viewed. Thanks though!
i liked this... great cover.
the vocals were a little shakey, but good for a first time singing.
overall it had a good sound to it
good job
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
It's really good, man! You should do some more covers with your voice, really develop that aspect of yourself. Dig deep, my friend!!!! The guitar tone is great too
Quote by filthandfury
I only do that on MSN, and I get many complaints about it.

F&F will have cyber sex with you on MSN. He's a bit handsy though.

I have become..... METACARPI!!!!

I wish

Joeymaxx
Quote by Sozes Flying V
It's really good, man! You should do some more covers with your voice, really develop that aspect of yourself. Dig deep, my friend!!!! The guitar tone is great too

Thanks I'll try to do more covers with vocals.
That was really good!
I really enjoyed it!
I liked your voice I wouldn't of known it was your first time singing it if it hadnt said it!
Quote by paddypadman
That was really good!
I really enjoyed it!
I liked your voice I wouldn't of known it was your first time singing it if it hadnt said it!

Cheers