My friend wants and acoustic guitar to start playing but he's looking to pay less than $100 for it. He just wants to be able to play songs like Every Breathe You Take and others like that. He doesn't need a really high quality one either. Basically any guitar would be a step up from his current, especially considering he got it from a dumpster...
I would not recommend any guitar for under $100. Look at the under $300 thread for some good ones.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Rogue guitars
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
If $100 is your max budget then id recommend a used guitar with a solid top as opposed to a new guitar with a laminate top.
Ive heard of Washburn D10's going for as low as $70 (US) on ebay.
my parents picked up a oscar smidt washburn at a garage sale pretty much brand new for 100...i guess it was a good deal? ha, but i've recently upgraded from that one
Quote by tom183
If $100 is your max budget then id recommend a used guitar with a solid top as opposed to a new guitar with a laminate top.
Ive heard of Washburn D10's going for as low as $70 (US) on ebay.

They would be B-stock.. which means there's some sort of defect wrong with them that prevents a store from selling them in perfect condition. The trick is to find one with very minimal imperfections (Small crack that doesn't affect sound) or something like that.
^Perhaps. From memory though I think it was just used (maybe well used) and a lucky score for the buyer.