Where to start with this problem?

I'm using a Schecter Synyster Standard, and first off, am trying to install a tremolo stabilizer into it. The first step is tune to the guitar to standard tuning. Well, it didn't happen.

When i tune the guitar into standard or close to standard, the whole whammy system is up in the air. Picture pushing down on the whammy bar until it doesn't go any farther up. Thats whats happening when i try and tune the guitar, but its the strings pulling that high; the whammy isn't being touched.

~~(Just to clarify the pitch is going down and I'm NOT pushing "backwards" on the whammy to make it higher.)~~.

How in the world do I fix this? I need the bridge to be LEVEL so I can install the stabilizer and for that matter use the whammy bar at all..

Any help for this problem is GREATLY appreciated!!!!
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,
and they shall be forever known as the person i cannot escape in the pit

^Me

Valveking Wiki
What tuner are you using...are there new strings on it...how long have you had the guitar....?
you have to look in the back of the guitar and adjust the tension , look at the floyd rose setup thread in the Electric Gutiar Forum
If you take off the back plate on your guitar there should be a bracket where the springs attach to the body. You should probably tighten the screws on the bracket to put mor e tension on the springs and bring the bridge lower.

I'm guessing that you're using larger gauged strings?
"Sleep with one eye open,
Gripping your pillow tight"

Metallica - "Enter Sandman"
yes 11 for the hgih E string. strings are brand new..had the guitar for almost 2 years..ive had the problem regardless of new/old strings. and im using a tuner on boss gt 8 pedalboard, and had them with standard gauge strings.

and as far as tightening the tension in the back, I need to make sure the strings are slack first so they don't snap correct?
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Quote by synystagates
yes 11 for the hgih E string. strings are brand new..had the guitar for almost 2 years..ive had the problem regardless of new/old strings. and im using a tuner on boss gt 8 pedalboard, and had them with standard gauge strings.

and as far as tightening the tension in the back, I need to make sure the strings are slack first so they don't snap correct?

Wow, that's way too high for a Floyd in standard, detune now!

To be honest I don't think you need to be in E standard tuning, you just need the bridge to be level...so if you'd usually downtune then just use whichever drop tuning you're usually in. If you do want to tune to standard then get lighter strings, ideally 9's, 11's is too heavy.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well the problem is if i want to play in E the tremolo stabalizer has no use at all because it wont reach the block in the back. So if i cant get it level at E ill just have to keep that guitar for lower tunings.
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
You can't tune it to E standard using 11's, that's the whole point - they're way too heavy.

The trem stabilizer needs to be fitted when the bridge is level, that also means for it to work your bridge needs to be correctly set up and level, right? Now, if you try to tunr higher you're increasing the tension of the strings which is going to pull the bridge up, so you need to increase the tension of the strings too, however that may cause some problems with the tremsetter, I'm not overly sure having never fitted one. It'll take some of the tension, but not that much I don't think. Either way you can't use 11's in E standard on a Floyd and have it work correctly, 10's at the most.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Ok, so you're suggesting tuning lower like Drop C or C# to keep it level. because this is really pissing me off and im thinking about just bringing it the local guitar shop
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Quote by synystagates
Ok, so you're suggesting tuning lower like Drop C or C# to keep it level. because this is really pissing me off and im thinking about just bringing it the local guitar shop

Exactly - the stabiliizer won't actually care what tuning you're in, it just needs the bridge to be level when you install it.

Tune to drop whatever-you-want, balance the springs and get the bridge level (you'll probably have to do this a few times), then install the tremsetter.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Ok cool Ill try it out..thanks
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
im having this same exact problem but my strings are loxer my high E is 10 guage
no matter what i do the bridge is set really high and the action is like a half inch off of the damn neck
ive tried lowering the string tuning but then the strings are touching the neck

ive also tried tightening the screws that the springs in the back are attached to but no matter what the bridge is too high

im seriously about to shove a block of wood in it so its back to normal
Quote by synystagates
Where to start with this problem?

I'm using a Schecter Synyster Standard, and first off, am trying to install a tremolo stabilizer into it. The first step is tune to the guitar to standard tuning. Well, it didn't happen.

When i tune the guitar into standard or close to standard, the whole whammy system is up in the air. Picture pushing down on the whammy bar until it doesn't go any farther up. Thats whats happening when i try and tune the guitar, but its the strings pulling that high; the whammy isn't being touched.

~~(Just to clarify the pitch is going down and I'm NOT pushing "backwards" on the whammy to make it higher.)~~.

How in the world do I fix this? I need the bridge to be LEVEL so I can install the stabilizer and for that matter use the whammy bar at all..

Any help for this problem is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Strings on your guitar what are they? If more than 11's like previously stated then it won't tune to e standard. To create more strength Place the Springs in a "V" configuration and for the love of god get smaller strings. Alternate soutions action height lowerd or raised (strat vintage cure). Uh not much else I supose
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.