Page 1 of 3
Basically guys I'm seriously considering joining the police force (No Hot Fuzz jokes please, official vocab guidelines can piss off) However I'm being slightly put off by the overwhelming level of Bureaucracy involved. For instance, if I stop you and ask you a simple question I am obliged to provide you with a form about why I stopped you and what ethnicity you are in order to prevent allegations of police racism. An ironic statement regarding a service which in basic training spends more time covering diversity that the law regarding burglary.

Then I would also have to put up with the common misconception that the Police a violent Nazi's who love arresting black people...they don't. Plus all the screaming yobs in the town center drunk out of their skulls on cheap lager and alcopops

But what is putting me off most of all is the apparent lack of any real policing. The government (primarily filled with Guardian readers) is so keen on REHABILITATING criminals that they don't seem willing to lock any of the snotty little toe rags up. If you want to stop someone committing a crime. Lock them up, don't make them weed gardens, what kind of punishment is that?! Lock them up and I guarantee that they won't be bothering the public anymore.

/rant

Basically guys is it worth joining a Police service which probably has more people behind desks dealing with government targets and statistics than out on the streets helping people?

Quote by Yakult
Erm... It sounds like you really don't want to join the police force

I really do want to join. I just find some of the idiotic bureaucracy annoying
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Last edited by wiggy1988 at Jul 17, 2008,
Quote by wiggy1988
For instance, if I stop you and ask you a simple question I am obliged to provide you with a form about why I stopped you and what ethnicity you are in order to prevent allegations of police racism.

Is this the same police force that knocks seven shades of **** out of teenagers while searching them...
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Erm... It sounds like you really don't want to join the police force
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
seriously if I was a cop and I saw those kids with knives acting up in gangs, stabbing other kids.

Even if they didn't stab any, but I knew they were carrying knives...

BANG BANG BANG BANG!

that'll teach them...
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
I'm not gonna answer your question properly 'cause i'd give a biased opinion i'm afraid ... me no likey policepeoples. (sowwy)
i think the police force over here is a load of BS
we need to take leaf from the americans books
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
PRICK!!! WANKER!!!

sorry i had to lol

Try and get urself on the streets. A desk job on the force is like any other desk job. Being a street cop is a whole lot different. I have never experienced it cos im only 16 but from what iv seen, it looks fun
Quote by seanius
I'm not gonna answer your question properly 'cause i'd give a biased opinion i'm afraid ... me no likey policepeoples. (sowwy)

why?
Quote by Kumanji
Prison does not rehabilitate. We're left with a system that neither punishes nor rehabilitates but perpetuates criminality.

Yea, if anything the prison system just pisses the inmates off. Most will keep on doing whatever it was that sent them there in the first place when they're out, but they'll be more sneaky about it. Policeofficers should be locked up in a prison for a year before being allowed to join just so they know how it feels.
Quote by wiggy1988
Basically guys is it worth joining a Police service which probably has more people behind desks dealing with government targets and statistics than out on the streets helping people?

Haven't you heard the news today? The police force are freeing up some of the paperwork that officers have to fill out so they get more time on the streets preventing crime. It's something like 7 million more police hours on the street each year. Of course you should join them!
Quote by XCount Me InX
i think the police force over here is a load of BS
we need to take leaf from the americans books
We definitely DO NOT.

American police know two things,

1) drawing their guns.

2) tackling people to the ground.
Quote by seanius
Yea, if anything the prison system just pisses the inmates off. Most will keep on doing whatever it was that sent them there in the first place when they're out, but they'll be more sneaky about it. Policeofficers should be locked up in a prison for a year before being allowed to join just so they know how it feels.

Yeah lets put law abiding citizens in jail, oh even better put police officers in jail, with the people they lock up, thats a great idea.

why do you hate the police so much. Is it because you have broken the law, and got caught?
hey come on how many more people over here carry guns and knives on them who SHOULDNT but do

the police need to be better protected now
well with all those negatives u've got ure answer there right?
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

It is absolutely worth joining the Police Force if you think you can. If you save just one person from something awful, it will be worth it. I strongly believe that, but it's just my opinion. Sometimes you have to help people by playing through the system, unfortunately.
My sister has a friend who is a Special Constable. Apparently it's pretty crap, and you can't beat up people who deserve it.
Police are trained to trick people into inviting them into their homes, and to search their person. I will NEVER trust an officer of the law. Sorry, I know they exist for a reason, but their methods aren't just and I'd never join the police.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by Pageles
why?

At least over here in britain. Haven't had to deal with any cops in america. I mean, if they wanna lock up thieves/murderers/rapists/bin ladens/etc... then thats great, those people deserve it, but you can get fined/locked up for swearing/cursing out in public, imo thats complete bulls***. The sames for those who do drugs, don't see why they can get punished for that ... if they wanna **** up their health/lives then let them. That being said, i'd like to point out that i've never done a single drug in my life.

I know somebody's gonna complain and go on a dumb*** rant about this, tis just my opinion. Don't get all cr*ppy about it.

If you bust stoners, you gonna get stabbed.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Quote by Pageles
Yeah lets put law abiding citizens in jail, oh even better put police officers in jail, with the people they lock up, thats a great idea.

why do you hate the police so much. Is it because you have broken the law, and got caught?

Lol, i've never been fined or locked up.
Quote by fortysix&2
Police are trained to trick people into inviting them into their homes, and to search their person. I will NEVER trust an officer of the law. Sorry, I know they exist for a reason, but their methods aren't just and I'd never join the police.

"Trick" people how?

Also i find ppl who don't trust police officers, in general , or hate the police in general are usually ppl who do ILLEGAL things and get caught, because a cop "tricked" them.

Well sir if you didnt do anything illegal in the first place you wouldnt have any problems with police officers.
Quote by Kumanji
Prison does not rehabilitate. We're left with a system that neither punishes nor rehabilitates but perpetuates criminality.

I didn't say it did. Stick them in prison and they can't commit crimes is what I said
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
i havent either

ive never been in contact with the police ever
Quote by wiggy1988
I didn't say it did. Stick them in prison and they can't commit crimes is what I said

Ok, but if you're (not you personally) gonna stick murderers/rapists/thieves etc in prison, don't let them back out.
Quote by seanius
At least over here in britain. Haven't had to deal with any cops in america. I mean, if they wanna lock up thieves/murderers/rapists/bin ladens/etc... then thats great, those people deserve it, but you can get fined/locked up for swearing/cursing out in public, imo thats complete bulls***. The sames for those who do drugs, don't see why they can get punished for that ... if they wanna **** up their health/lives then let them. That being said, i'd like to point out that i've never done a single drug in my life.

I know somebody's gonna complain and go on a dumb*** rant about this, tis just my opinion. Don't get all cr*ppy about it.

the oonly thing i can say about this post is that the actual police force don't make the laws they enforce them. That being said if you have a problem with the swearing laws then you should blame the government which placed the laws and the citizens that supported it.
Quote by fortysix&2

The police are bound by a level of restrictions that you wouldn't even believe. If they are even suspected of tricking someone, the case gets thrown out of court.

Quote by seanius
Ok, but if you're (not you personally) gonna stick murderers/rapists/thieves etc in prison, don't let them back out.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Last edited by wiggy1988 at Jul 17, 2008,
Quote by Pageles
the oonly thing i can say about this post is that the actual police force don't make the laws they enforce them. That being said if you have a problem with the swearing laws then you should blame the government which placed the laws and the citizens that supported it.

Oh, i do blame the government for some of there laws (more so than the enforcers). But i still am against the fact that the police enforce some of these laws. (not all of them). Trust me, i dislike the government much, much more than the police force.
Quote by Pageles
"Trick" people how?

Also i find ppl who don't trust police officers, in general , or hate the police in general are usually ppl who do ILLEGAL things and get caught, because a cop "tricked" them.

Well sir if you didnt do anything illegal in the first place you wouldnt have any problems with police officers.

Don't be a tool, things like: if an officer comes to your door and asks if he can come in - if you say no, he cannot enter the house, unless he can show you a signed warrant, if you say yes he can come in and do as he pleases. If you're walking along the street and an officer asks to talk to you, you may say no and walk off, but culturally we are trained to fear a police officer and would say something back which wasn't no, which they can then twist into whatever they please.

I'd rather have to deal with drug dealers all day then those filthy beaurocrats.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by seanius
Oh, i do blame the government for some of there laws (more so than the enforcers). But i still am against the fact that the police enforce some of these laws. (not all of them). Trust me, i dislike the government much, much more than the police force.

The government seems intent on making laws to make previously innocent people criminals and giving criminals the best possible opportunity to get away with their crimes
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by fortysix&2
Don't be a tool, things like: if an officer comes to your door and asks if he can come in - if you say no, he cannot enter the house, unless he can show you a signed warrant, if you say yes he can come in and do as he pleases. If you're walking along the street and an officer asks to talk to you, you may say no and walk off, but culturally we are trained to fear a police officer and would say something back which wasn't no, which they can then twist into whatever they please.

I'd rather have to deal with drug dealers all day then those filthy beaurocrats.

So basically, people have nothing to fear if they have done nothing wrong, but you hate the police regardless because sometimes they are able to use peoples own stupidity to arrest them....Okaaay

P.S. In my experience people only fear the Police if they have a reason...usually its because the person is up to no good. Or has something illegal to hide
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by seanius

a good cop in my eyes follows the book and enforces all the laws. Someone shouldnt become a police officer if he or she wishes to be liked by all. Those ppl in turn become bad cops and let little things slide, which could lead to even bigger problems.

My view is, they are just doing their jobs and if you don't like it all too much thats to bad.
i think cops are just people who think they are almighty to the general public. In and out of uniform. My dad was a cop and he isnt exactly the most servicing guy around.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Quote by rockstar mace
My dad was a cop and he isnt exactly the most servicing guy around.

My dad is a copper and extremely polite and helpful.

Quote by TEK34
In car chases, don't police have to meet loads of health and safety regulations before they pull over the baddy?

Yes. Police in the UK cannot for example, persue someone who has stolen a motorcycle without a helmet.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by fortysix&2

Do as he pleases, i guess if you let him in your house he can shoot you?? or rape your family. And he didnt trick you , you could say no. Its your own dumbass fault if you say yes. And yes cops always talk to you on the streets and twist anything and everything so they can bust your ass. Cops are out to get us its so true. if you dont do anything illegal you wont have problems with the cops. All my experience with cops and as long as your straight up and just ****ing know what your talking about and know your rights you shouldnt have to worry, if you dont want to talk to them, walk away. if you dont want them in your nhouse say no. And i do not fear the police, and i was never trained to.
Quote by Pageles
a good cop in my eyes follows the book and enforces all the laws. Someone shouldnt become a police officer if he or she wishes to be liked by all. Those ppl in turn become bad cops and let little things slide, which could lead to even bigger problems.

My view is, they are just doing their jobs and if you don't like it all too much thats to bad.

ok, lets forget that i said i didnt like cops. I HATE THE F***ING BOOK!!! (and the people who read it)
Page 1 of 3