Page 1 of 2
EDIT:
Let me just begin by saying thank you VERY MUCH to all for your suggestions.
Sorry people for not replying for so long. I had a bit of a money woe for a while and couldnt afford any expenses for a while again. Well i am good now, and going to buy a guitar.

So far the guitar i am looking at is this Agile guitar, what do you guys personally feel about this guitar? http://www.rondomusic.com/product848.html

ive actually never heard of Agile guitars before, but from what i am hearing on this thread, agiles will give me the most bang for my buck. I just wish they had designs more to my liking haha.

Well, nothing is final yet, i am still looking for any additional suggestions! please, if you have any suggestions please go on

OLD POST

is there a guitar you've seen lately that you have seen that you really said to yourself, "wow thats such a good deal for such a cheap price." i am not looking for anything in particular in looks. i am not really looking for one specific sound either. Its for rock so obviously it needs to sound good with distortion but thats about it.

have you seen any eye catchers lately that you truly thought was a bargain for a price range of about $300?
Last edited by Tkim113 at Aug 28, 2008,
Quote by Tkim113
is there a guitar you've seen lately that you have seen that you really said to yourself, "wow thats such a good deal for such a cheap price." i am not looking for anything in particular in looks. i am not really looking for one specific sound either. Its for rock so obviously it needs to sound good with distortion but thats about it.

have you seen any eye catchers lately that you truly thought was a bargain for a price range of about $300?

nope
You aren't going to find any beauties for $300, but you can find some pretty good fixed bridge guitars in solid colors. The Ibanez RG321 is good, same with some of Epiphones G400s.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Epiphone SG 310

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-G310-SG-Electric-Guitar?sku=518280

I own this guitar, Trust me. It sounds lovely.

Originally Posted by Draekon

A song im very good at is Raining Blood!
"RAINING BLOOD! from a lacerated sky! Bleed is Horror! I bleed destruction, and now i shall REIGN IN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is that what he says?
Last edited by Martin259 at Jul 17, 2008,
Probably an epiphone g400, or even one of the squire packs.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
G-400 Ftw!!
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by ShredGod George

this.
Quote by Martin259
Epiphone SG 310

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-G310-SG-Electric-Guitar?sku=518280

not this. It's not the right wood for an SG.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
a schecter guitar for around $300 maybe?
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by oneblackened
this.

Hey your right, Cheers man!

Originally Posted by Draekon

A song im very good at is Raining Blood!
"RAINING BLOOD! from a lacerated sky! Bleed is Horror! I bleed destruction, and now i shall REIGN IN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is that what he says?
Quote by Martin259
Hey your right, Cheers man!

Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
this.

..."Select Hardwood"

Sounds like selected plywood to me. I don't trust Epiphone too much.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
You should check out ESP LTD guitars. I bought an ESP LTD EC-100QM (Quilted Maple Top Les Paul Shape) for $255. This guitar has awesome looks and it sounds great too. The only bad thing I can say is that it is heavy. ESP LTD also make a Viper (SG ish looking) in this price range. I own an Epiphone too. Both companys make good guitars but the ESP LTD's have better finishes for less money. Check them out at espguitars.com I think you'll like them.
Quote by mocars

lol how true
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
The new Squier Classic Vibe Series. Heard nothing but good about the Duo Sonic and the Tele. Really GASsing for the Tele myself.
dude, you can always check out agiles, go to rondomusic.com, check out there, they have pretty good **** for 300.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Agile anyone?

www.rondomusic.com

I got mine there for 250 and it's great. Better than any Epiphone in it's range. (the G310 and LP100 are disgusting, don't even consider them).
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
dean vendetta of some sort
if you get the xm version its like 120 usd and u can put some quality pickups in it
Quote by nikhil101

Most Schecters below $500 are notorious for being not worth the mones where as playing one of the higher end ones is like sex for your fingers!
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Quote by subopolois
nope

same here but then again i have high standards
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Look at an Epiphone Studio or Studio Goth Les Paul. Both are carved top, set neck, and as good as any other Korean or Chinese Epiphone LP for less $$. Gibson Melody Makers are in that price range as well, but they're pretty "simple."
Quote by nikhil101

Yeah, I think the Omen 6 is supposed to be good.

Quote by wyantsm
Fender MIM strat is about 400 I think.

Yep, so is the Tele. You may be able to find one used for $300.
Saint Louis Blues
There's a lot of REALLY bad info on this site. Take the suggestions with a grain of salt.

The only good suggestion or correct info I've seen in this thread is that you should go to Rondomusic.com.

I bought an Agile 3100 special edition from there and it was 1500 dollar Gibson LP quality. Name brand guitars for the most part these days are huge rip offs compared some of the smaller companies that actually put some time and customer service into their product. Epiphones and Gibsons both have ridiculously bad customer server and very poor quality control these days. The only way I'd buy an Epiphone is in person so I could make sure it's not a dud. I will never buy a Gibson. I think they are price gouging people because they know they will pay for the name.

I'm telling you right now to go for an Agile at 300 bucks or one of the others they have in that range if you like the looks of the Septor better than the LP style Agiles. You won't be disappointed and the only thing you would ever have to upgrade on that guitar would be pickups which is the case for every guitar just about that's under 500 bucks or so.
Ibanez ARC300DVS plugged into a Valve Jr. with a 1x12 custom Ear Candy cab and a blues driver. (Too many guitars to list.)

My Soundclick
Oh and the person that said the cheaper Schecters are notorious for being bad is an idiot. It's actually well known across the net that the low end Schecters are some of the best value per dollar for an electric that you can get.
Ibanez ARC300DVS plugged into a Valve Jr. with a 1x12 custom Ear Candy cab and a blues driver. (Too many guitars to list.)

My Soundclick
Quote by Martin259
Epiphone SG 310

My friend has one, I dislike the look of the neck joint and the fact that reaching past fret 17 is a pain, otherwise it's a kicking guitar.

What amp do you have? I'd suggest a G400, but only cause I have one.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by Tkim113

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000natspaltedthin.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/product768.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/al2500csb12.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1756.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1769.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/product790.html
Quote by Dog454
..."Select Hardwood"

Sounds like selected plywood to me. I don't trust Epiphone too much.

Nope, it's not. I think it's Alder or Basswood. Leaning towards alder, though.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Follow the advice of the smart people listing Rondomusic guitars. You won't be disappointed and they put Epiphones of equal price to shame.

My Soundclick
As a player with about 3 years experience I can highly reccommend the Yamaha Pacificia 112v.

Best thing to do is make a list of all the guitars mentioned, go to a guitar shop and have a play with them all, or as many as they have in stock. If you can't play (you haven't said if you're just starting or not), get the guy in the shop to blast away on them, have a touch feel yourself and go from there. One will be calling out to you, it'll just feel right.

Go for it!!
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Sorry people for not replying for so long. I had a bit of a money woe for a while and couldnt afford any expenses for a while again. Well i am good now, and going to buy a guitar.

So far the guitar i am looking at is this Agile guitar, what do you guys personally feel about this guitar? http://www.rondomusic.com/product848.html

ive actually never heard of Agile guitars before, but from what i am hearing on this thread, agiles will give me the most bang for my buck. I just wish they had designs more to my liking haha.

Well, nothing is final yet, i am still looking for any additional suggestions! please, if you have any suggestions please go on
Quote by Tkim113

the non-checkerboarded version of that guitar was selling a few months ago for $199.99 - that is why I would avoid it. an extra $100.00 for a paint job
SRV R.I.P.
epiphone sg g-400
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
MIM strats and teles are also great for the price.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
get a g-400
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Page 1 of 2