Poll: Have you quit guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you quit guitar?
Yes
5 5%
No
87 78%
No, but I don't play nearly as often.
19 17%
Voters: 111.
So, since you've joined UG, have you quit playing guitar?

I haven't quit, but my interest in it has diminished quit alot. Around the time I joined, I tried to get in at least 4 hours of practice a day, even if that meant losing sleep. But ever since I've discovered electronic music, my interest has diminished to the point were I don't even play on a daily basis anymore. I can easily go over a month without listening to a CD or Record with a guitar in it.
Last edited by doggy_hat at Jul 17, 2008,
I'm still God, yes.

I shall never quit.

Despite the fact that I do listen to and even make a considerable amount of electronic music, guitar will always be there. I just love guitar.
I didn't play guitar when I joined here, and I hardly play it now.

I still play bass though
Quote by doggy_hat
So, since you've joined UG, have you quit playing guitar?

I haven't quit, but my interest in has diminished quit alot. Around the time I joined, I tried to get in at least 4 hours of practice a day, even if that meant losing sleep. But ever since I've discovered electronic music, my interest has diminished to the point were I don't even play on a daily basis anymore. I can easily go over a month without listening to a CD or Record without a guitar in it.

I tihnk you got an "out" too much there...
You like it
I haven't quit, but I'm seriously debating my future as a guitarist.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by Vermintide
I'm still God, yes.

I shall never quit.

Despite the fact that I do listen to and even make a considerable amount of electronic music, guitar will always be there. I just love guitar.

When I bought my guitar is was totally on a whim, during christmas. I don't really ever think it was my thing, after getting into electronic, my interest in music turned more into an obsession. Rock just wasn't my thing.

Quote by linus.d
I tihnk you got an "out" too much there...

Fixed
Nah, I still play. Not near as often as I did, but that's more because I believe myself to be rubbish at the guitar.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
i don't really play guitar anymore. to me, guitar has always been a hobby, never a passion. i still fiddle around once in a while, but there's just other things i enjoy doing a lot more.
I haven't played guitar or bass in about 10 months.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
I dont know how people practise for 4 hours+ a day, I get bored after about an hour or less. but I still play guitar pretty much as much as I did when I joined UG. but I post all the time now, at first I was a reluctant poster, which was really stupid.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Nope, I play guitar every day. I am always writing new songs and riffs, so I don't see why I would want to stop.
I still play, but the reason I really play is so I can be in a band and have fun with that.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
nope but I quit piano lessons twice now...however I can still play basic sheet music and only use the keys for MIDI control in the studio so I don't really need to be able to read music IMO
Quote by will123456789
I dont know how people practise for 4 hours+ a day, I get bored after about an hour or less. but I still play guitar pretty much as much as I did when I joined UG. but I post all the time now, at first I was a reluctant poster, which was really stupid.

Some people really have fun playing, I do, you don't?

I've probably put in a good two hours today already. ( i woke up at 1, it's almost 8.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws