I was thinking about getting some new pickups for my Epiphone Les Paul standard. I never really looked into guitar pickups before, and since there are about a million to choose from, I was hoping someone could help. I play alot of classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Cream, Sabbath), punk (Green Day, Black Flag, Weezer, Offspring), and I occasionally dip into some metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth). So I'm pretty much looking for a bridge pickup that can be used for just anything. If it matters, I'm playing into a Boss gt-8 to a Peavy Classic 20.
Duncan Custom 5 bridge, 59 neck....I reckon that's spot on for what you want.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
What's your budget and ask yourself do you want to put really expensive pickups into a mid-level guitar? The EPI Chinese/Korean pickups are reputed to be kinda lackluster so almost any aftermarket PU would probably be an improvement. You'd don't have to go top of the line here. EMG's less expensive passives are probably considerably better than what you've got and I'd imagine a lot of quality PU makers, DiMarzio, Bill Lawrence, Seymour Duncan etc carry equivalents as well. As long as they're humbuckers, the'll provide plenty of signal for pedals, amp distortion etc.
Moving on.....
Quote by steven seagull
Duncan Custom 5 bridge, 59 neck....I reckon that's spot on for what you want.

I am going to install these today in my Epi g-400..
They have nickel covers..Rodira1
+1 on the Custom 5/59 combo. great for classic rock and can also do heavy metal.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I've heard from a few people that the Gibson 57' Classic or Classic Plus would be a good choice as a bridge pickup.
Gibson pickups are way overpriced.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC