Page 1 of 2
Strat.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by FloyDZeD
Strat.

win
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
SG thinner body easier to play metal on too

(Dude u should have had put in a Graph thingy)
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
For what music? For blues, I'd go with an LP, but for rocking out, an SG.

It all depends really...

This is a silly thread.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Sg

De Lobo Y Hombre

Dean Dave Mustaine V VMNTX * Epiphone SG Special
Digitech RP250 * Boss MT-2
Fender FM 25 DSP Frontman * Epiphone 10w Practice Amp

would this thread count as a vs thread? hmm..........
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Les Paul.

Although people saying SG, an SG is a Les Paul.
If you've never read up about it, look in Wikipedia.

Edit:
Quote by nikhil101

I'd say it's more of a which do you prefer, a Vs. Thread would be Pick your guitar and why your picked it, why the other is bad, why the one you picked is good.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
SG for all around awesomeness

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Quote by nikhil101

na since its 2 specific guitars its ok

and to the king dude true sg was born from the LP but they're so different who cares if the SG is the LP's( much better than the parent) kid lol still like the LP thou
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Last edited by sandman-105 at Jul 17, 2008,
Quote by sandman-105
na since its 2 specific guitars its ok

fair enough lol dont worry i didnt report however i would have to say a Sg because too many people own lp's and because sg's are more metal...... However the sustain on lp's cannot be matched by a sg.
Quote by thegreensquall
Quote by nikhil101
fair enough lol dont worry i didnt report however i would have to say a Sg because too many people own lp's and because sg's are more metal...... However the sustain on lp's cannot be matched by a sg.

eh just but some reverb on no one will know lol
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I HAVE BOTH BWAHAHAHAHAHA. The LP is more versatile, but I love the look and bite of my SG.
Gibson.
Les Paul any day. Neck heavy SG's are a pain in the @$$ to play, in my experience. I'll take the carved top goodness of a Les Paul over a skinny slab SG all day long.
I like them both, to be honest, it's up to you. I went with an SG where I could of gotten a Les Paul body instead. They seems to be heavier, and everyone has one. SG!

Quote by dzrice
Les Paul any day. Neck heavy SG's are a pain in the @$$ to play, in my experience. I'll take the carved top goodness of a Les Paul over a skinny slab SG all day long.

Just takes some getting used to, then it's easy. *Owns G-400* So I'd know. Yup.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by scarecrow_
les ****ing paul ! hate the looks of the sg

S****ingG ! i hate the looks of the les paul!!

seriously though, im not a les paul guy, i think their highly overrated. dont get me wrong, i love the thick chunky warmth that comes from the heavy ass body, but ehh.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
They are both good...

but going by looks I would buy a red SG, or get the Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Both very good guitars. Get which every one you like.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
the sg was made as a more modern look for the les paul at the time. Kind of like the stat. But the sg has a long neck going into a double cutaway. Its harder to keep in tune. I personally think gibson are overrated and pricy bastards my tradition les paul sounds just as good as a gibson les paul.
It's all up to personal preference, they are both ****ing awsome guitars! I gotta say I do like the SG's better cause they just look evil!! in my opinion they are the best looking guitar ever made, but saying that I plan on getting a LP for my next guitar cause i've owned an SG before
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
It really depends to be honest. I love Les Pauls, but I love SGs too. Sometimes I like thinner necks, sometime's I prefer to make chords with the big fatties too. But they're so different when it comes to weight. I'd love to gig with an SG, but I probably need to get one first...
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

SG Prophecy
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Between those, an SG.

But I'm more of a Fender and Gretsch fan.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Epi Elitist Les Paul Standard, about half the price of a Gibson Les Paul Standard and about the only thing that beats them are the Custom Shop Les Pauls

and i had a Gibson SG Standard, great to play on but the LP sounds nicer. i plan to get an Elitist

and dont worry, LPs can do jazz, blues, rock and metal... no problem
^good luck getting higher fret access. i have both, sg std and a les paul classic antique. i much prefer the sg over the les paul due to shyt fret access and heavy body, i get almost the same amount of sustain anyway so no lost there. plus the SG looks sexier no matter how you put it.

and for the neck dive problem. why wouldn't your hand be around the neck. do you just stand there and not play?
It depends on three things, what you like the look of, what you want the tone to be like and what type of amp you'll play it thru, but if you're just looking for something to play for fun on the odd occasion and not really seriously or gigging, my suggestion would be an SG, as it will produce the nicest tone through a reasonable amp, as would a Les Paul, but the SG is a little lighter in my experience and has a good feel to it.

SG in my opinion, but a Les Paul if you're more serious =]
Quote by kckyle
and for the neck dive problem. why wouldn't your hand be around the neck. do you just stand there and not play?

It's not really that simple when you essentially have to lift the neck up the entire time you're playing. Just gets ridiculously irritating.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Sgsgsgsgsgsgsgsgsgsgsgsgsg
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
A les paul, if only because i already have an epiphone SG and decided even though its a good guitar, plays nicely and sounds/looks pretty good, its a crap design and i wouldn't pay gibson prices for it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I love my LP for metal and punk.
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.
The SG is really not a good guitar in my opinion. My friend has a standard, and the neck is huge, the action sucks, and the pick-ups are just ****.

Go with the Paul.
I'm a person.
Page 1 of 2