So I asked the clerk at my guitar store of choice, they're local and they actually know what they're talking about (unlike GC), so I choose to for the most part only do business with them. Anyway, I asked him to point me to an amp that was a good metal amp, had good distortion, and was similar to the Cube 30X, he pointed me to a Vox Valvetronix XL, I cant remember what the wattage was but I think it was 15W. Can anyone tell me about this amp? any good for Rammstein/Metallica sound?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

meh. The regular vox ad>vox ad xl
Your getting an o.k. distortion, but the cleans are not great.
Quote by Ghold125
meh. The regular vox ad>vox ad xl
Your getting an o.k. distortion, but the cleans are not great.

I told him cleans were'nt a priority...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Why don't you just get a Cube 20? The Distortion may get you around metallica in the early 80's but not what you really want.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
Why don't you just get a Cube 15? The Distortion may get you around metallica in the early 80's but not what you really want.

because-
A. No store in the area carries a 20X, only 1 carries the 30X

B. The Vox has near double the wattage of the 20, (it being tube)

C. As far as I know, the effects on the Cube 20 were'nt very impressive .

Quote by metal isten

I have that amp, its great for metal.

What kind of metal do you play? what bands would you compare your sound to?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jul 17, 2008,
Quote by VanTheKraut
B. The Vox has near double the wattage of the 20, (it being tube)

the vox is not a tube amp...and it still wouldn't be double the wattage
Quote by Ghold125
the vox is not a tube amp...and it still wouldn't be double the wattage

hmm... I thought it was... unless its one of those hybrids... never mind, and I said its near... as in only 10 watts away,
20x2= 40
15x2= 30

40-30 = 10
10 watts is the difference
Gee, now I'm sure glad I went to algebra class, thats second grade math, I dont need 4y x 3bc to the nth degree!
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie