can i have some suggestions? I have a Roland Cube but its lead is a bit fuzzy for my style
Here's a couple i am looking at I don't want to get too expensive

Boss SD-1 SUPER OverDrive Pedal
Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
Boss OD-3 OverDrive Pedal
Boss DN-2 Dyna Drive Overdrive Pedal

Which one do you guys recommend? By the time I get a pedal, I will already have my PRS SE custom and I have the earlier mentioned Roland (though I dream of getting an orange sometime). I listen to music like:

Santana, Led Zeppelin, Nickelback, Journey, Nirvana, Chris Daughtry, Coldplay, 3 doors down, Three days grace, Clapton, and Bon Jovi.

P.S. I have looked at tube screamers but something about them im not too crazy when it comes to ibanez
Last edited by lemon_lime123 at Jul 17, 2008,
I hate all of those pedals, and I hate Boss in general. All of them sound extremely thin to me.

Check out Fulltone and Visual Sound; I've heard a lot of good things about them.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Go ahead and cross the DS-1 off your list. IMO compared to the others it's not that good, you could do way better for the price.
PSN: Chris_P_Chikin
eh i wouldnt think pedals would sound much better than the effects already on-board. just as cliche as it may be. use what you have now and save up for a new amp.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
I recommend that you look outside of Boss.

And ignoring the Tubescreamer series (perhaps THE overdrive pedal) simply because "im not too crazy when it comes to ibanez" is a little silly.

Well, in that case, try the Maxon OD. Basically the same pedal, different brand.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by sg622
eh i wouldnt think pedals would sound much better than the effects already on-board. just as cliche as it may be. use what you have now and save up for a new amp.

+1

You're not going to get anything significantly better than the Cube's onboard distortion from a distortion pedal. Might be worth looking at an EQ pedal though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
+1

You're not going to get anything significantly better than the Cube's onboard distortion from a distortion pedal. Might be worth looking at an EQ pedal though.

yea an EQ would be a good decision. no need to spend too much money on one though. get a Danelectro fish n chip. its like 30 bucks and will greatly enhance your tone.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Save your money and buy a decent tube amp that will actually take pedals and get some use out of em. Problem with solid states with on board effects like the roland is that they don't usually take to pedals very well. That Roland is a great SS amp and the effects on it are basically Boss effects. You won't notice much difference and the pedals might sound worse into that SS amp.
Get a little Valve Junior and a Blues Driver. They go absolutely great together.
Ibanez ARC300DVS plugged into a Valve Jr. with a 1x12 custom Ear Candy cab and a blues driver. (Too many guitars to list.)

My Soundclick
New amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
New amp.

woah sorry to steal the thread but
matrix, you got the nitro? i'm guessing you just ordered it or something but don't actually have it yet?
either way
awesome
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
well, if you wana find sum good distortions but dont know what to do, then just get a digitech distorion factory or an expression factory. i recomend the expression cuz you can have a few extra little effects while still having the 7 different distiortions you can try for the thingy
Quote by acdclandon
woah sorry to steal the thread but
matrix, you got the nitro? i'm guessing you just ordered it or something but don't actually have it yet?
either way
awesome

Haha, get it next week
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Haha, get it next week

nice man make sure to tell us what you think
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
nice man make sure to tell us what you think

I've been told by the owner that if my face isn't like this... When I first play it, then I'm probably on crack. And I've been instructed to take a picture with my face like that if it happens!

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com