Page 1 of 2
Well, it happened again, last night 11 PM my condo complex manager knocked on my window (he is my f**ing neighbord), he said that he is going to start fining me 100 dlls a day for every day I keep playing my guitar so late.

I was about to buy a Marshall DSL 401 to play with a pedal (so that he did not complain) but to tell you the truth, I am currently playing with a Roland MICRO cube and he complains, there is nothing I can do with the DSL that would sound lower than my microcube.

I am not yet ready to jam on a band, and until then I think its better to get a Line-6 POD X3 + pedal or X3 live. and use it with headphones.

what do you guys think?

Money is not a problem, I could go and buy any amp I wanted, I make enough and have enough saved to buy an amp later when I am ready to jam.

Thanks
ouch your neighbor suck, long and hard the x3 and headphone sounds like a good idea, and plus you can use that for recording and later on that can be part of your rig once you get a good tube amp.
get a 6505 and crank it to ten, if u burst his eardrums then he wont know when ur playin anymore

sorted (Y)

EDIT: WHEN u burst his eardrums
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Last edited by death_metaller at Jul 17, 2008,
how about using your great amouns of money and buying a house in the middle of nowhere to use your DSL?

no, seriously, why not use headphones directly from the microcube? that way you save money from the POD and get better headphones
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Buy a Twin Reverb, mic it up, crank on a Digitech Death Metal Pedal, and play a super fast metal solo, then turn out your lights and pretend to sleep.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by death_metaller
get a 6505 and crank it to ten, if u burst his eardrums then he wont know when ur playin anymore

sorted (Y)

EDIT: WHEN u burst his eardrums

he could just buy a mg and just turn it on.
itd be much much cheaper.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
X3 sounds like the best option, seeing as it's extremely versatile and customizable in the way of getting any sound you want out of it. However, you need to be careful when using headphones because the volume can get insanely high with them on. When I want to play quietly late at night, I plug my X3 into my computer speakers. It sounds fine, and never gets too loud.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
LOL!!! I have foungth to fines with the board again, I was thinking in calling the cops to come to my place and se how not loud I have my amp and then go to small court. But I don't know if its worth getting into that big of a fight with the guy that gives tickets

Sometimes I feel like getting a full stack and just say eat this!!!! and strung a power chord out a JCM 800 fully loaded.... but I would get in trouble, altough I could do it for 100 dlls :P

I could do it like 3 AM

LOL
Quote by DrEvil
Well, it happened again, last night 11 PM my condo complex manager knocked on my window (he is my f**ing neighbord), he said that he is going to start fining me 100 dlls a day for every day I keep playing my guitar so late.

I was about to buy a Marshall DSL 401 to play with a pedal (so that he did not complain) but to tell you the truth, I am currently playing with a Roland MICRO cube and he complains, there is nothing I can do with the DSL that would sound lower than my microcube.

I am not yet ready to jam on a band, and until then I think its better to get a Line-6 POD X3 + pedal or X3 live. and use it with headphones.

what do you guys think?

Money is not a problem, I could go and buy any amp I wanted, I make enough and have enough saved to buy an amp later when I am ready to jam.

Thanks

I wouldn't dream of playing through an amp at that time of night - just because I'm awake doesn't mean other people want to be. Instead of complaining you should be realising how damned inconsiderate you're being.

What's so hard about playing unplugged, or using headphones with the Microcube like people have said?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I wouldn't dream of playing through an amp at that time of night - just because I'm awake doesn't mean other people want to be. Instead of complaining you should be realising how damned inconsiderate you're being.

What's so hard about playing unplugged, or using headphones with the Microcube like people have said?

Well I am not playing that loud, I have the volume around 1/2, that is 1/2 of a SS 2watt amp, one time the TV was even louder.. I am no being incosiderate, he is being an idiot. That guy does not like me. Serously the only way he is hearing my playing is by going outside the condo, the wall are too thick and there is a room between my living room and his bedroom. He is doing this on purpose, I have been playing for 2 years there. and now he complains, now that he found out I have a guitar. see my point?

The reason I don't play unplugged is because I work and that is the only time I have to play or wait and only play on weekends.
I say GT-10 over the X3 personally
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Late at night people tend to get more sensative to noise. I live in the sticks so noise isnt an issue. But maybe a set of wireless headphones plugged into your existing amp.
Quote by DrEvil
Well I am not playing that loud, I have the volume around 1/2, that is 1/2 of a SS 2watt amp, one time the TV was even louder.. I am no being incosiderate, he is being an idiot. That guy does not like me. Serously the only way he is hearing my playing is by going outside the condo, the wall are too thick and there is a room between my living room and his bedroom. He is doing this on purpose, I have been playing for 2 years there. and now he complains, now that he found out I have a guitar. see my point?

The reason I don't play unplugged is because I work and that is the only time I have to play or wait and only play on weekends.

Half volume on a Microcube is still too loud.

Just play with headphones.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by lespaul#1
Buy a Twin Reverb, mic it up, crank on a Digitech Death Metal Pedal, and play a super fast metal solo, then turn out your lights and pretend to sleep.

Hahaha this is great
Ain't nothin wrong, ain't nothin right, and still I sit and lie awake all night...
Quote by timi_hendrix
Half volume on a Microcube is still too loud.

Just play with headphones.

+1. After about 9/10, it's time to turn down the amps or move on to headphones unless you live in the boonies or with very tolerant neighbors.
I think I live in your building. I have silence nazi's all over the place. I would think headphones through the cube is the best bet after about 8 or 9 at the latest.
After 8pm I use my da5 on the 0.5 watt setting lower than the tv, and my condo ASSn pres lives next door too. I'm moving soon so I have a plan for my two tube amps on my last evening. Oh, I have a plan...
Quote by welcom2duhjungl
Move out.

I bought the place I am still paying, now the market is down, if I sell I will loose like 50K

Quote by DrEvil
I bought the place I am still paying, now the market is down, if I sell I will loose like 50K

Enter a band, revive the good rock'n'roll, sleep with celebrities, use sunglasses even at night, go solo, make a huge contract with a label, then you shouldn't care about 50K

Now seriously, you could buy the Line 6 X3, or you could make that ( I don't know how to say it in english ) "thing" in your room where the sound is isolated, just the person/people in the room hear it =)
Can you plug the Pod into a speaker cab or anything instead of just using headphones? Is there a reason why people always say headphones and pod but never into a cab ?
How can your neighbor charge you?

Edit: I see, he's your manager type dude.
Last edited by unholy_love at Jul 17, 2008,
buy a ****load of cheap rugs from a local dollar store and pin them up all over the area you play in; cheap sound proofing!

Otherwise, the POD + headphones is always a good idea. I do the same at night with my Zoom recorder, simply becuase my parents get mad if i play past 9pm >_>.
buy an acoustic guitar. no one complains about acoustic guitar.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by DrEvil

Yes, you are...you might not realise it but you are. Half volume on the Microcube is still pretty darn loud, it's certainly antisocially loud for anything much past 8/9pm.

I work too, and I play unplugged if it's late...what's so special about you?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I second the headphone idea.

Keep in mind it might not sound much to you, but if the amp is on the floor, it's louder through someplaces. And as said, you might find him to be a b*tch, but my tip is, use headphones through the MicroCube. He'll be much happier and you can play whatever time you want.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by GuiPage
Now seriously, you could buy the Line 6 X3, or you could make that ( I don't know how to say it in english ) "thing" in your room where the sound is isolated, just the person/people in the room hear it =)

Soundproof

And doing what the seagul says is a good idea, it's true, playing without an amp is sometimes better because if your practicing and stuff with exercises and playing with dist stuff tends to get sloppy when you try it clean
sound proof your condo =]

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Ah dude have some respect for your nieghbours will ya. Playing at 11pm is just not on. Come on man, it's just disrespectful!!! hehehe Only jesting!!! Maybe he don't like the music your play.

Seriously thou, I know there's a 15w amp on the market, that has a switch to turn it into a 2w amp. I'm not sure what it's called. Maybe someone else can tell us the name of it. So play 2w after 9pm and 15w before. Sorted.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Quote by Brian_C
Ah dude have some respect for your nieghbours will ya. Playing at 11pm is just not on. Come on man, it's just disrespectful!!! hehehe Only jesting!!! Maybe he don't like the music your play.

Seriously thou, I know there's a 15w amp on the market, that has a switch to turn it into a 2w amp. I'm not sure what it's called. Maybe someone else can tell us the name of it. So play 2w after 9pm and 15w before. Sorted.

The Micro Cube IS 2w.

Why can't use the Cube with headphones?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^Exactly!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Last edited by Gabel at Jul 18, 2008,
You need to stand up for your rights if you own the place but be sure that you really are not playing louder than you think you are . I would think that before he can fine you he would have to start legal proceedings and your noise polution would have to be measured to check that you really are making noise. You don't need advice from a guitar forum you need legal advice because what this person is doing could be seen a harrasment. You should play though headphones for a while. Maybe he can see you though a window when he is outside and just complains.
Quote by stujomo
You need to stand up for your rights if you own the place but be sure that you really are not playing louder than you think you are . I would think that before he can fine you he would have to start legal proceedings and your noise polution would have to be measured to check that you really are making noise. You don't need advice from a guitar forum you need legal advice because what this person is doing could be seen a harrasment. You should play though headphones for a while. Maybe he can see you though a window when he is outside and just complains.

I own my place, but it doesn't give me the right to act like a knob.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

If you ask me he's just being an ass.

I play with my 15 watt SS at like 3am and I have people sleeping in the next room and it doesn't bother them.

You need to talk to him. Headphones are always an option but if he complains about a microcube at 1/2 volume then he will probobly complain that he can hear your headphones lol
You know what? I have played a Micro Cube and even had it in my apartement! I put it on the table for it not to sound downwards a whole lot. But still, I ran it at maybe 3 for one minute and said that maybe I should turn it down a bit. He was in another part of the apartement. Seriously, my tip is, use headphones.

Is his neighbor being a douche? Maybe he's overreacting, but seriously use headphones! If your nice, he will be too, you know!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I think the X3 or GT10 would be a fun toy actually. If I'm forced to move into an apartment, I would seriously consider one. I have a GNX4 I've used for ages at times when other people are sleeping, and I live in my own house. Great way to work out ideas, and work on your chops latenight.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Jul 18, 2008,
Sorry I tried to make it clear at the begining that he needs to be sure he is not playing louder than he thinks he is . If he can be heard outside then he needs to turn it down because at 11pm that would be acting like knob. If on the other hand the neighbour is going out of his way to hear the guitar such as listening at the windows or by the letter box then he could have a real problem especialy if this neighbour is the complex manager. I took 1/2 to mean less than 1 not half volume. If he is playing the microcube at 1/2 volume (5 on the dial) then I am not suprised the neighbour is complaing at that time of night. To be honest I don't think most normal people complain if there is no reason but there are always exceptions and there are always those that choose to abuse the position they are in.
Page 1 of 2