ok, so my mom and i have a deal, where shell buy me a used Porsche (2000 911 carrera, if you care.), but only if i get a "real job". ive worked at a clothing store, as a waiter, and a ****ty place at a food court. but she says they dont count.

so, im turning 17 on July 28 (i expect a thread!), what can i get that constitutes as a "Real Job" at only 17?

oh, and something music related would be great, but not manditory. even just something that lets me buy gear.
Last edited by xrawrockkillsx at Jul 17, 2008,
you're mom is smart
haha
turning 17
real job
hilarious
ok serious answer:
ditch digger
Dick+strings= owww
Would working at a record store count? *I don't know what you young whipper snappers call it now a days*

Quote by Skullshredda
You could work at your local music shop or something.

Or that..I like that.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Damn, you've gotta be loaded if your mom offers to buy you a Porsche, even if it is used.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
Quote by seljer
anything full time?

that would be kind of hard seeing as he is only 17
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
You're 17, you're male, driving a 2000 Porsche... Insurance is going to kill you, man! Not to mention gas prices... If you can pull it off, then you'll have a nice car! For a "real" job, try something that is related to your career choice (if you have one, or something related to what you'll major in in college, assuming you're going).
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
Quote by Skullshredda
You could work at your local music shop or something.

i want to. bad. but you have to be 18 to work at any around here. except one, but they "only hire customers", which is dumb as **** cause i kinda need a job to be a customer...
work in a funeral parlor, that way you can get a discount when you crash your porsche
Your mom has the upper hand. Everyone knows you gotta be 25 before anyone will hire you for a "real job"
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
i want to. bad. but you have to be 18 to work at any around here. except one, but they "only hire customers", which is dumb as **** cause i kinda need a job to be a customer...

so just buy something really cheap from the store, claim you're identity as a customer, and get the job
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by The Silent Fool
Your mom has the upper hand. Everyone knows you gotta be 25 before anyone will hire you for a "real job"

thats what i was saying.
but then she told me to be a waiter at a real resturaunt (i worked at steak and shake), so i just went to go apply today, but you have to be 18...

so i guess its not like an office job or anything like that, but thats the only example she gives me.
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
thats what i was saying.
but then she told me to be a waiter at a real resturaunt (i worked at steak and shake), so i just went to go apply today, but you have to be 18...

so i guess its not like an office job or anything like that, but thats the only example she gives me.

Go work at a liquor store. I'm not sure how old you have to be where ever you are, but I live in the Bible Belt and you only have to be 17 here.
Dude, we have the same birthday!

I think your mom said she was getting me a brand new Ferrari, that's most likely the reason you're only getting a crumby Porsche.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Why would you need a real job at 17... or a porsche for that matter.
Quote by sargasm
Why would you need a real job at 17... or a porsche for that matter.

because i... want a porsche...?

Quote by The Silent Fool
Go work at a liquor store. I'm not sure how old you have to be where ever you are, but I live in the Bible Belt and you only have to be 17 here.

have to be 18 here... thats also why they dont let us be waiters at resturaunts; because we serve alcohol...