What is the difference between Ibanez's Edge and Edge III? I read that Ibanez's license expired and now they make Edge IIIs are they the same just with a new license or something?
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin
I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy.
hell no

Ibanez edge III is a piece of ****, made with the cheapest metals in china
on the other hand the Ibanez edge is possibly one the greatest floating trems, good build construction.
all i know is that the original edge/ edge pro are double locking, the edge III is not. many players view it inferior to the edge, which is basically an ergonomically corrected floyd rose.
So the Edge III is a bad idea?
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin
I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy.
The Edge III will work fine for awhile, then you'll run into problems.

The Edge has been known to work for years.
I know a guy who's had one in an ibanez roadstar for 20 years and hasn't need any fixes and it gets alot of abuse.

It's worth the extra money for extra life.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Well, I can't seem to find any guitars that have the Edge, all I can find is Edge III. What is the deal with this "ZR" thing I keep seing. Also, If I buy an Ibanez that has Edge III can I eventually upgrade to a Floyd Rose or Edge without doing any routing or anything?
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin
Quote by Van Halen Man
Well, I can't seem to find any guitars that have the Edge, all I can find is Edge III. What is the deal with this "ZR" thing I keep seing. Also, If I buy an Ibanez that has Edge III can I eventually upgrade to a Floyd Rose or Edge without doing any routing or anything?

You CAN eventually change that Edge III to an original floyd rose; be aware they're not cheap (170 is the lowest price I've seen).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
You CAN eventually change that Edge III to an original floyd rose; be aware they're not cheap (170 is the lowest price I've seen).

Yeah, I know they can be expensive, but it dosn't have to be right away...
Also, do they even make the Edge anymore??Because all I can find are Edge IIIs. Someone help me out here!
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin
well, if you can't get a guitar with an edge, go for one with a edge pro.
what is the difference? And I can't really find those either. They are pretty much all Edge III. I searched on Guitar Center Musicians Friend and zZounds, and I don't even know where else to look...
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin
What type of guitar and what price range are you going for?
i have an s prestige with a ZR2 and and the ZPS3 springs. they are amazing. they're very light but now as light as a kahler. my personal favorite tremolo. sustain of a floyd with the feel of a kahler.

edit: if you wait till around for a few more months your going to get an updated version of the ZR on most Ibanez S's.
What type of guitar and what price range are you going for?

Well around 400-500 and I was mainly looking at Ibanez. I am also wondering about a Schecter with a floyd. When a FR says that it is "Licensed" how do you know who actually made it. For example I saw a Schecter with a licensed floyd, so did Schecter make it?
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin
A fair warning, 400-500 dollars for a guitar with a LFR is generally going to get you a crappy LFR. Tbh, I really don't know anything about the production of Schecter's LFRs.

Going back to Ibanez, if you look at any of the RG Prestiges, they all have Edge, Edge Pro, and ZR trems, all quality trems as I've heard. The only one with the original edge is the RG 770.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
So are all the Edge and ZR trems similar to floyd roses? and Ghold125, I will surely consider this guitar, but I am somewhat concerned with the rating.
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin
Quote by Van Halen Man
So are all the Edge and ZR trems similar to floyd roses? and Ghold125, I will surely consider this guitar, but I am somewhat concerned with the rating.

they are all floating trem's. And what's wrong about the rating?
The average rating was a 4, when all the others I was looking at were 5, but it seems like the reasons that people were giving it overall 4s were kinda dumb...so it shouldn't be that big of a deal...
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin
Quote by Van Halen Man
The average rating was a 4, when all the others I was looking at were 5, but it seems like the reasons that people were giving it overall 4s were kinda dumb...so it shouldn't be that big of a deal...

NEVER EVER trust reviews on websites like guitarcenter.com and musiciansfriend.com
Quote by Van Halen Man

Ratings on the Guitar Center site are total crap. Whether it be 5 stars or 1 star on GC.com, I really only trust the reviews I get from guitarists here. I've read reviews about the crappiest guitars I've touched saying "Amazing guitar!!!i must gig wit it!! 5 star!!!best guitarever!!!11!!!!". I'm not even kidding. Some reviews are good, but most are crap, at least from my personal experience.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
So have you used this guitar before ghold?
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin
Last edited by Van Halen Man at Jul 18, 2008,
yes, and i have played the s540. I have to say I liked the s540 more just because it has 24 frets. They are excellent feeling guitars, and nice slim bodies.
SO, incase you didn't realize this, the reason that I need a new guitar is for a whammy bar that I can actually use,since 90% of what I learn is van halen, so can I do that kind of stuff with this guitar? and is the bridge floyd rose quality?

EDIT: I just realized that the fretboard dosn't have dots any where but on the 12th fret, I'm am certainly not crazy about that, When I play guitars like that, it always confuses me...
Quote by Van Halen Man
Van Halen Man Is Awesome

Quote by Steve Martin
Last edited by Van Halen Man at Jul 18, 2008,