Pardon if I posted in the wrong forum, there isn't a "Maintenance" forums so I thought it might belong here.

Anyway, I just rubbed down my fretboard with lemon oil, how long should I let the oil soak? Until it's dry? Or should I go back in 15 minutes and apply another coat?

Thanks UG.
your actually supposed to oil it, wait a little bit for it to soak in and then wipe it off with a t-shirt cloth or anything soft. if you just let it sit until its dry it could ruin the wood. ive also found that linseed oil works well too.
I usually spray a little on a rag, apply it and then whipe it off with another dry rag.

If there's a major build up of crap I let it sit for about 20 minutes before removing it.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
yeah even after you let it sit, wipe it off and then you can apply it again if you want
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Quote by grimguitarist91
your actually supposed to oil it, wait a little bit for it to soak in and then wipe it off with a t-shirt cloth or anything soft. if you just let it sit until its dry it could ruin the wood. ive also found that linseed oil works well too.

+1

Don't put too much on either,, you only need a drop every few frets, spread it using a cloth.

Don't leave it on for too long (a few minutes), wipe off and reapply if needed
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Last edited by Perturabo at Jul 17, 2008,
Just make sure you rub it in instead of letting it just sit, the wood can warp.
Also, putting another coat of it on or not depends on how bad it needed to be done.
It won't "dry" for a long time, but it will soak in. If your board is really dry, let it soak in and then reapply. I usually give it about 3 minutes and then wipe it off, and reapply - then wipe down and call it good.