Hi everyone! Im gonna go get some new strings and my uncle told me to try somthing different and get some DR Black Beauty strings. Whats your opinion on them?

Cheers
You stole my Overture
great strings.

i use 'em
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.
I've been curious about them for awhile... does the coating really make them last longer?
They are the only DRs I liked sound wise. A few comments.

They lasted me about 2 months with daily play, before they started to sound dead. My major complaint is that with repeated play, the coating begins to wear in places and they look very grungy, which if you're a punk player could be a good look, but its something you need to be aware of. As much as I liked the sound, I didn't think they warranted the price DR charges for them.
Quote by anarkee
They are the only DRs I liked sound wise. A few comments.

They lasted me about 2 months with daily play, before they started to sound dead. My major complaint is that with repeated play, the coating begins to wear in places and they look very grungy, which if you're a punk player could be a good look, but its something you need to be aware of. As much as I liked the sound, I didn't think they warranted the price DR charges for them.

I agree with evertything she said except how they're the only good-sounding DR's. . When I had them on my ESP, they lasted about 3 months and sounded amazing for the first 2. After that, they got really dead really fast. Beware though, if you sweat a lot, make sure you wipe down your strings as often as possible. I sweat like a wh0re in church, and my strings started being plagued by massive amounts of grime. It really looked horrible against the nice-looking strings. Also, if you play with a pick, the coating wears away fast in the area you're usually picking.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
I agree with evertything she said except how they're the only good-sounding DR's. . When I had them on my ESP, they lasted about 3 months and sounded amazing for the first 2. After that, they got really dead really fast. Beware though, if you sweat a lot, make sure you wipe down your strings as often as possible. I sweat like a wh0re in church, and my strings started being plagued by massive amounts of grime. It really looked horrible against the nice-looking strings. Also, if you play with a pick, the coating wears away fast in the area you're usually picking.

Mhm.... so playing them makes the coat wear? How much do these things go for btw?
You stole my Overture
In the local shop, a set of 4 strings runs me from 25 USD to 30 USD. I can get a set of Rotos for about 20 USD (or 34 USD total if I buy two sets).
Quote by anarkee
In the local shop, a set of 4 strings runs me from 25 USD to 30 USD. I can get a set of Rotos for about 20 USD (or 34 USD total if I buy two sets).

Wha?! And you're complaining they're too expensive?!

Here, the cheapest I've found a set of Rotos is £12.50 and I pay the same for my Stadium Elites. The cheapest I've found Black Beauties is about £30!!!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Elixirs are £30 where I get my strings from.
Quote by Bumper

Max, I know even for the US, my area of the universe is dead cheap for strings.

I find it insane how much the UK and Australia pay for them. My point was for a set of DRs I can almost buy two sets of Rotos, and I just don't think the DRs were THAT good to warrant a two to one ratio.

I also find it perfectly insane that you pay almost 16 USD for a box of Lucky Charms, but that's another story for another thread.
Yeah they're not worth the 1:2 ratio with rotos and here, they're certainly not worth the 1:3 ratio!

Lol, what actually are these lucky charms? I've never come across them.
Quote by Bumper

Mmm, sounds nice, I can see why Ben's desperate lol. I love marshmallow.
Quote by Bumper

Back on topic.....

I went to my local store and they dont carry 'em
So i bought some Ernie Ball Slinky strings, and I must say their not bad for 25$ CDN
You stole my Overture
Quote by BulletFrost
Back on topic.....

I went to my local store and they dont carry 'em
So i bought some Ernie Ball Slinky strings, and I must say their not bad for 25$ CDN

Yeah, I've never seen Black Beauties at my local store or at any of the stores I've been to. Slinkys are pretty good, I played them for a year then switched to GHS Boomers. I love them! They have an awesome sound for an active bass setup.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
You guys are lucky, my favorite brand (GHS flatwounds) cost a cool $50. I don't care how dead they sound, at that price range I am not replacing them for a while.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
You guys are lucky, my favorite brand (GHS flatwounds) cost a cool $50. I don't care how dead they sound, at that price range I am not replacing them for a while.

50$ lol Why cant life be free?

Anyways im happy with my slinkys. Cheers everyone
You stole my Overture