im new to playing guitar and i have a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Stratocaster and i have a nifty fifty Dan electro amp and im trying to learn sweet child o mine by guns and roses but i cant get it to sound rite does any 1 know what i need to get to make it sound like its supposed to?

and my amp hasstatic and it gets really bad the more i turn up the distortion can tht be fixed or is it toast?
a change of amp perhaps?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by beadhangingOne
use the neck pup and roll the tone off. If you want it to get any closer, you're gonna have to get a better amp.

ok u prolly missed that part but im new to guitar lmao
if u dont mind whats the neck pup
and how do i do that?
If you are really new to guitar, try learning an eaiser song?

Something like "smells like teen spirit", or the ever popular "happy birthday" perhaps?
I believe he is lieing about his guitars. bet he has a epiphone les paul and a squier stratocaster. that or he is an idiot for buying 2 expensive guitar but a ****ty amp.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by helsinki_vampir
I believe he is lieing about his guitars. bet he has a epiphone les paul and a squier stratocaster. that or he is an idiot for buying 2 expensive guitar but a ****ty amp.

i think so too. he's new to guitar yet already bought a Fender Strat and Gibby LP.
Quote by leviticus_22953
i think so too. he's new to guitar yet already bought a Fender Strat and Gibby LP.

Personally, I can't stand the spoiled brats with nice guitars and no skills.

I was in a local guitar store, and some 14 year old kid with his mommy walked in, and 15 minutes later walked out with a gibson les paul and I think a Randall 2-12. Spent a little over 2,000 and the kid couldn't produce a G chord if his life depended on it.

But you never know... maybe he inherited the guitars?
Quote by motleyglam82

I was in a local guitar store, and some 14 year old kid with his mommy walked in, and 15 minutes later walked out with a gibson les paul and I think a Randall 2-12. Spent a little over 2,000 and the kid couldn't produce a G chord if his life depended on it.

i dunno about the guitars but his amp is old.
Quote by motleyglam82

I'm guessing he inherited his guitars, that's how I got my LP and my Sigma, or he could simply be lying.

Anyway to the TS:
1. Try an easier song. (as previously stated.)
2. Get a better amp.
Quote by helsinki_vampir

1 i dont lie

2 yes i have them both i bought them both for a 100 dollars from my cousin and thats the amp he bought not me it just came with the guitars and a new empire drum set for 70 dollars he was really low on money and wanted to get rid of them and i had the money so i bought them

3 i didnt come here to get laughed at and made fun of so back off ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by motleyglam82

spoiled ass brat? please i have to scratch and scrape for everything i have and the little money i do get is for doing plumbing and electrical work for my neighbors and please my parents don't buy me everything i want i have to beg and plead for a damn haircut so unless you know the whole story don't start talking **** ok i didn't come here for that i came here to try to get tips from people i thought knew what they were talking about but obviously only know how to talk ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man05
I'm guessing he inherited his guitars, that's how I got my LP and my Sigma, or he could simply be lying.

Anyway to the TS:
1. Try an easier song. (as previously stated.)
2. Get a better amp.

no im not lying and no i didn't inherit them i worked my a$$ off for them but thank you for not being rude

what song would you suggest?

and what amps are good i cant afford to run around buying just anything i need something that i wont be wasting money on

thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviticus_22953
i dunno about the guitars but his amp is old.

well yeah id guess its old its all leather
nice antique tho
Last edited by southernboy3223 at Jul 20, 2008,
Quote by southernboy3223
1 i dont lie

2 yes i have them both i bought them both for a 100 dollars from my cousin and thats the amp he bought not me it just came with the guitars and a new empire drum set for 70 dollars he was really low on money and wanted to get rid of them and i had the money so i bought them

3 i didnt come here to get laughed at and made fun of so back off ok

$100 for a Fender Strat and Gibson Les Paul? pics? :wtf

the amp would be your problem if you cant make it sound right, assuming you're doing it cleanly and correctly. save up for a better amp. that Danelectro is really old, and not so good.

if it's not the amp, then you must be doing something wrong. try to use the neck pickup of your les paul and roll the tone knob off a bit.
theres a "How To Sound Like Slash" thread that goes into detail somewhere on here. use the search bar to find it. but yeah, i doubt you'll get the sound on that amp. your best bet would probably be some modeling equipment (thats the cheapest anyways. the best solution would be to get a new amp so you can hit multiple tones)

and would everyone get off his case about his gear. he's new so it doesnt really matter. what should bother people are those who get really nice gear and dont use it. at least he's practicing.
Quote by southernboy3223
spoiled ass brat? please i have to scratch and scrape for everything i have and the little money i do get is for doing plumbing and electrical work for my neighbors and please my parents don't buy me everything i want i have to beg and plead for a damn haircut so unless you know the whole story don't start talking **** ok i didn't come here for that i came here to try to get tips from people i thought knew what they were talking about but obviously only know how to talk ****

Sell the Gibson then and just use the Strat, even if it's only a Studio you'll get $500 for it, anything better and you'll get even more

Try an easier song, SCOM isn't something you learn in the first few months of playing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Sell the Gibson then and just use the Strat, even if it's only a Studio you'll get $500 for it, anything better and you'll get even more

Try an easier song, SCOM isn't something you learn in the first few months of playing.

nahhh im not gonna sell either of them i might sell the drum set tho

and yes i bought the fender stratocaster and the les paul and the empire drum set for 170 dollars (i never said my cousin was smart) and i would to put pics up of them so every 1 will get off my back about lying but i dont have a digital camera so youll have to take my word for it untill i get pics of them
Quote by corbn89
theres a "How To Sound Like Slash" thread that goes into detail somewhere on here. use the search bar to find it. but yeah, i doubt you'll get the sound on that amp. your best bet would probably be some modeling equipment (thats the cheapest anyways. the best solution would be to get a new amp so you can hit multiple tones)

and would everyone get off his case about his gear. he's new so it doesnt really matter. what should bother people are those who get really nice gear and dont use it. at least he's practicing.

thank you very much for your help
well my sister actually has a bunch of modeling equipment but idk what thats got to do with guitar lol j/k

do u have a link to any good sites that sell them? if u dont mind
Quote by southernboy3223
nahhh im not gonna sell either of them i might sell the drum set tho

and yes i bought the fender stratocaster and the les paul and the empire drum set for 170 dollars (i never said my cousin was smart) and i would to put pics up of them so every 1 will get off my back about lying but i dont have a digital camera so youll have to take my word for it untill i get pics of them

Try some CCR, Bad Moon Rising is just three chords but most of their stuff is pretty straightforward...Have You Ever Seen The Rain and Proud Mary are worth having a go at too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Try some CCR, Bad Moon Rising is just three chords but most of their stuff is pretty straightforward...Have You Ever Seen The Rain and Proud Mary are worth having a go at too.

thank you ill try that