I know that a 2x12 has two twelve inch speakers, and 4x10 has 4 ten inch speakers, but what is the difference between a 2x12 combo and a 4x10 combo.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
A 2x12 is a Combo amp (one where the amp is in the same box as the speakers) with two twelve inch speakers and the 4x10 would have four ten inch speakers.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by lespaul#1
I know that a 2x12 has two twelve inch speakers, and 4x10 has 4 ten inch speakers, but what is the difference between a 2x12 combo and a 4x10 combo.

4x10 is = to two 12's........
That's what I said, but what's the difference besides that?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Like in sound? I've heard 4x10s have split second faster attack and that 2x12s will give you a more round sound. As far as I know that is only generalization since cab construction makes a difference in the way it all sounds.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
What do you mean by round?
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
What do you mean by round?

12 inch speakers have a lot more bass response than 10 inch speakers. It's kind of a "bigger" sound, with less sharpness than the 4x10.
Ohh, like more trebly?
Quote by chip46
If I buy the Peavey Classic 50, I'll get the 4x10, for surf. Thanks.
Quote by chip46