Page 1 of 2
They're on RIGHT NOW. If you don't want to miss the bands first TV appearance in 30 years, tune your television to Comedy Central ASAP.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

I saw that last night. Never listened to rush before, but i liked them.
that was last night, but it was amazing indeed
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.
I actually found Colbert somewhat annoying when he was semi -interrupting the band (I was downright pissed when they cut to commercial) but the band didn't seem to mind, so it's cool I guess.
Last edited by captainoid at Jul 17, 2008,
that episode was hilarious.

"Can you sign my host?" -Jimmy
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by TheHeartbreaker

Are you berious?

Hey, i said i liked them didnt i?
Quote by TheHeartbreaker

Are you berious?

lol berious.

Anyway dude thats nothing, a dude at my college who loves rock and metal (particulary 80s stuff) has never heard of Rush.

I played him The Trees and then Working Man and he was like "yeah no bad"
I thought it was awesome. I mean, yeah, Colbert's interruptions were semi-annoying, but he was just playing on the fact that Rush has long songs. And you can't really blame them for cutting to the commercial break. Stations are pretty strict with that kind of thing. And, Rush had to know what they were up against when they agreed to go on The Colbert Report.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by The_Crowing_IV
I thought it was awesome. I mean, yeah, Colbert's interruptions were semi-annoying, but he was just playing on the fact that Rush has long songs. And you can't really blame them for cutting to the commercial break. Stations are pretty strict with that kind of thing. And, Rush had to know what they were up against when they agreed to go on The Colbert Report.

There you go again, all talking sense and whatnot.
Quote by The_Paranoia
The interview was funny.

"Have you ever written a song so epic that you became one of your influences?"

That WAS funny.

Plus: I Rush.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I lol when colbert jumped in the middle of the band and tried to shake their hands.... then he says... "oh, their not done playing yet."
Great episode. I just hate the way too hardcore Rush fans that start spazzing out on YouTube just because Colbert was being an ass. The Colbert character is an ass. Some people don't have any sense of humour.
Quote by rockr09
I lol when colbert jumped in the middle of the band and tried to shake their hands.... then he says... "oh, their not done playing yet."

and at the end when he goes to sleep.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Do you guys ever get tired of being so awesome and kicking so much ass? lol. thats what i was gonna ask them when i met them. dang.

Quote by FelixJZ
Great episode. I just hate the way too hardcore Rush fans that start spazzing out on YouTube just because Colbert was being an ass. The Colbert character is an ass. Some people don't have any sense of humour.

im a huge hardcore rush fan but i agree. some people are dumbasses.
Quote by RPGoof
Heavy metal indicates you are using meth, LSD, ecstasy or cocaine.
The only other time I heard Rush was when they were sampled on an episode of Futurama xD

I liked the entire song though. I think I might like Rush
The Pit. The Movie.
oh colbert, what will u think of next
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
I love me some Rush, don't get me wrong, but am I the only person on here who can't listen to Geddy Lee's voice for more than an hour without wanting to brutally murder him?
Quote by The Silent Fool
I love me some Rush, don't get me wrong, but am I the only person on here who can't listen to Geddy Lee's voice for more than an hour without wanting to brutally murder him?

No you are not. I hate Rush, main reason being his voice.
Quote by FelixJZ

People don't realize it's a joke. I mean, the show is pre-recorded, so if Colbert didn't actually realize that the song wasn't over (as many people insist) they would have done another take.

The ending of the show really gives it away, though, besides the fact that the band plays one of their shortest songs through about half-way before being cut, and through a commercial break, and are still playing it for the final minute and a half of the show before the credits (through which they are still playing it).
Quote by FelixJZ

I'm a HUGE Rush fan and I laughed my ass off when he did that.
that was definitely one of the best Colbert episodes evar!

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Awesome. Was it just me or did Neil and Geddy seemed a little restrained? They sounded good but just didn't seem to have the energy they usually do. As a counterpoint, Alex's solo was incredible. Colbert's gag was funny, I mean come on, these guys did twenty minute songs, I'm sure they're used to the jokes by now.
"To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." - Robert A. Heinlein
Quote by The Spoon
I saw that last night. Never listened to rush before, but i liked them.

Go out, right now, and buy A Farewell To Kings, Fly By Night, 2112, Snakes and Arrows, and Moving Pictures. You owe it to yourself.

I didn't see it. :kills self: What did they play?
Quote by Flying Couch
Go out, right now, and buy A Farewell To Kings, Fly By Night, 2112, Snakes and Arrows, and Moving Pictures. You owe it to yourself.

I didn't see it. :kills self: What did they play?

Tom Sawyer. Suprise. Ah well, still a kick ass song.

Along with those buy Signals. Right.....NOW.
rush=canada
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I wouldn't be friends with him after that whole text messege thing... not because he's a a cheater but because he's a text-messeger
The only Colbert Report that could beat that is if they brought in Metallica.

Hopefully when Death Magnetic hits shelves he will.

I'd like to see him interrupt Kirk Hammett during the Master of Puppets solo.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by Snap017
The only Colbert Report that could beat that is if they brought in Metallica.

Hopefully when Death Magnetic hits shelves he will.

I'd like to see him interrupt Kirk Hammett during the Master of Puppets solo.

Metallica and Colbert Report can't go together, can you even picture it?

And Colbert is such a jerk, I laughed hard
Page 1 of 2