e| 12h15p12-- 12h15p12-- --- 12h14p12
B|----------------15-----------15---------------14

its at 120 bpm and i find it extremly hard to just play it at 80 bpm but i dont even know if im playing it right

like im doing first finger on 12, than use ring finger to hammer on/pull off (you do that little snagging thing with pull-off to get it to be audible right?) and than right after ring finger's pull off pull him to 15 on B string
but the thing is i can barely hear the sound of my pull off because my ring finger has to get to the 15 fast so i don't have time to do the "flick"

and i've been practicing it with alternate picking (down on e string, up on b string)
but somehow i can do it faster by going down on e string, than down on b string???

the solo's in this guitar pro file
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/smashing_pumpkins/geek_usa_ver3_guitar_pro.htm
just slow it down to a speed that you can play it perfectly then gradualy raise the speed until you get to full speed, and don't forget to use a metronome
Quote by wtfwasthat
just slow it down to a speed that you can play it perfectly then gradualy raise the speed until you get to full speed, and don't forget to use a metronome

i've been doing that--- for like the past 3 days
lolz.

Learn how to do a decent pull off first, before you go about trying to play fast licks with them.

justinguitar.com
First get the lick down to the point that you have it memorized. Don't worry about a metronome yet. Keep doing it as slowly as it takes until you can be somewhat fluent. Then fire up your metronome and do it at somthing really slow, like 60bpm. As you get comfortable, gradually up the speed until you can do it at 120. If that's still too hard, work on your fundamentals and come back to it, because it's over your head.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by zaqwsx170
lolz.

Learn how to do a decent pull off first, before you go about trying to play fast licks with them.

justinguitar.com

if you read my post you would see i know how to do my pulloffs
Quote by Garou1911
First get the lick down to the point that you have it memorized. Don't worry about a metronome yet. Keep doing it as slowly as it takes until you can be somewhat fluent. Then fire up your metronome and do it at somthing really slow, like 60bpm. As you get comfortable, gradually up the speed until you can do it at 120. If that's still too hard, work on your fundamentals and come back to it, because it's over your head.

what are the fundamentals?
I literally have to pluck the string when i pull off if I want it to make any sound at all.. keep doing it and your fingers'll get stronger I guess.
Quote by Acquiescence
i've been doing that--- for like the past 3 days

3 days is nothing, depending on your current level of ability it might take weeks or even months to perfect the lick.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com