hey,

well I have been playing for about 2 months and whenever i fret i have my fingers at angle to the strings. Well i was wondering if i am doing this wrong and i am supposed to have my finger perpendicular to the strings when i make contact or can they be tilted
but sorta muting the adjacent string. I tried both ways and at an angle felt more natural to me but i do want to correct this mistake before i make it into a bad habit. oh and i can do chords without muting any of the strings so they are not the problem.

thanks
It really doesn't matter how you fret it as long as all of the strings ring out properly and you feel comfortable. You just have to keep trying different ways until you get the one you like... kind of like finding your own style
Quote by Aaron the 4th
GAYS...we don't hate that your gay we hate that your proud of it
As long as you can get to the notes and make em' clean, that's all that matters. Do it however is most comfortable.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
yep just be comfortable...I play chords with my hands at a really far angle instead of right in front of the neck...my wrist kinda goes off to the left while my fingers go on the strings angled, but it works so hey why not right?
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed