Hey guys,

I'm looking to upgrade from my Yamaha F310 to an acoustic with a cutaway. I've got about $600AUD to play with (which nowadays is about $600US!) I've had a play around with the Yamaha FGX720SCA, APX500 and the Washburn D10SCE and wasn't all that impressed by the sound. The FGX720 sounded dull in my opinion, the APX500 a bit tinny and the Washburn sounds almost identical to my F310; lush and rich, but I was expecting much better sound quality than my $200 starter guitar!

I've read that the default strings on the FGX720 might not be the greatest, which is why it sounded so dull. I may be able to pick up a practically new FGX720 for half its rrp on eBay, so was wondering if it was worth taking the risk?

Also, any other suggestions for acoustics in this price range would be great!

Cheers
Look at Seagull, Epiphone Masterbilts, and maybe some Takamines. Thats enough to work from to figure out what you like.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by slidething31
Look at Seagull, Epiphone Masterbilts, and maybe some Takamines. Thats enough to work from to figure out what you like.

Can you even get one of those for $600 AUD? The markup from shipping costs is ridiculous in Australia.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
^ That's a good point. If those are too expensive, then check out the under $300 thread. Some good suggestions in there.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Unfortunately Seagulls are waaaay too expensive and Takamines are also a bit pricey and difficult to find around my area. Will have a look at the thread, but any particular model suggestions would be great! Thanks.
I say go masterbilt for an AJ or EF.
Its weird tough masterbilts some are just horrible and others are like Martin 28's, im not kiding. I bought a Martin Custom D and went to the shop a few weeks afterwards and played and AJ, and OMG, i was so pissed i waisted so much money on the custom D, its funny how the Epi sounded more like a martin than the martin.
Any who if you look into masterbilts make sure you try them out before you buy like i say some are dirt and others are just gold.