Alright, I just bought a Peavey 5150 combo yesterday, and I wasn't getting any excessive noise (I was playing it at my dad's shop.) Then I bring it home, and this morning I plug and brought the volume to 3, I started getting this really loud feedback/ hiss, could it be the guitar or the amp? Or maybe where I have it plugged in. What can I do?

P.S. those who own know how much of a bitch it is trying to move it around without casters.
I have a 12 ft cable, but I tried my brother's 20 footer. I plugged it into 3 different places in my garage, still the same problem
All the outlets in your garage are probably on the same fuse/breaker. Try a totally different part of the house and see if that helps. What kind of guitar and pups btw? What do your setting look like?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Yeah, tried it, still the same
I'm not soo sure, I'll check in a bit

Damn, I also forgot to include that it only happens when the bridge pick up is selected (dimarzio evolution), and it happens in both inputs, but is much more prominent in the high gain input

EDIT:
Quote by Kevin Saale
All the outlets in your garage are probably on the same fuse/breaker. Try a totally different part of the house and see if that helps. What kind of guitar and pups btw? What do your setting look like?

There are 2 different fuses for the garage, so I might plug it in to the other side, I use an Ibanez RGEX2 with a Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge position, and a Seymour Duncan SH-2 in the neck postion
Let's see,
Pre Gain: 7
Bass:8
Middle:4
Treble:6
Resonance:7
Presence:6
Last edited by solitaryshell90 at Jul 17, 2008,
Okay, I've plugged it into another outlet, the feedback is still there, but I was able to get rid of it by simply turning to pick up volume down, keep in mind this is only present in the bridge pick up, but my brother insists since it is a high output pick up, it might be the problem, and I should get a noise gate
Yeah, probably your best bet. Also, 7 is a lot of gain on a with a 5150 so feedback kinda comes with the territory. See if knocking the presence and treble down just a tad helps out.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not