ok so, im about 99% sure im getting the 5150 combo from a guy tomorrow for that price but...in case i dont; (i wouldnt if my paycheck didnt come in like it suspposed to)

what are some other nice versatile hi-gain amps for this price range?

i prefer the 5150 because a lot of my fav. bands use Mesa Recs & 6506/5150s and i figure this with my hellraiser is the best way to emulate their tone..

but, is there a cheaper tube amp to get & then id get a pedal with the money i saved to get that br00tal/hardcore rockish tone?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by beadhangingOne
I wouldn't try getting a cheaper amp with a pedal. 5150 is a good choice, and you seem to be getting a good deal. I take it you won't be using cleans all that much?

well...i am rhythm guitar for our student worship band, but on my own time...its all about the distortion baby, and i would like to start a southern metalcore band down the road

plus, i heard that a chorus pedal can clean that right up..AND the guy is throwing in a free monster cable so..id prefer the 5150 deal

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Last edited by jcp42877 at Jul 17, 2008,
Go for the 5150 dude. I'm getting it too.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
get ur tubes biased the correct level and nice tube upgrade. then you could crank your clean channel for a good 'vintage'-ish sound. either that or OD it.

i mean for your worship stuff obviously...usually worship sounds best w/ a vintage 'classic rock' sound. crunch is good but anything that sounds harder than rock will be too out of place in the band lol.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
get ur tubes biased the correct level and nice tube upgrade. then you could crank your clean channel for a good 'vintage'-ish sound. either that or OD it.

i mean for your worship stuff obviously...usually worship sounds best w/ a vintage 'classic rock' sound. crunch is good but anything that sounds harder than rock will be too out of place in the band lol.

haha, true... well the amps just been re-tubed, but im probably going to rely on the amps clean channel crunch combined with my hellraiser using the tap-coil feature

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
that sounds pretty good man! if it hasn't been biased DO IT ASAP!!! i heard from a good friend and owner of one that getting it biased correctly opposed to the stock 'colder' bias setting REALLY brings out a better sound, making the clean MUCH more useable!!

oh and is it coil tap or splitting coil? coil splitting is what you want for the SC sound....but i hear ya!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
The cleans on the 5150 aren't THAT bad. Everyone here makes them out to be the most horrible thing ever. It's usable without a chorus.

Only once you start to turn it up really loud do the cleans start to really suck, but you have to turn it up pretty freakin loud.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com