Well my HSS MIM pups sound pretty flat,no sustain,uninspiring compared to my Ibanez with DiMarzios so I am putting new 1's in,what I have so far:
SC's
SD Pro APS-1
SD Custom SSL-6

what are your thoughts on putting a SD JB SH-2 or SH-4 in the HB position?

The local shop doesn't have a big choice or I could go with a DiMarzio Fred?

I'm meeting with the tech in the morning and was wondering to if I should have the pots changed from the 250K's?
Any other suggestions? It's getting a full set up. They are giving my decent prices,lower than on-line for the pups so I was going with it.
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
Both the buckers you mention are pretty good, but i believe the SH-4 is a neck type, but i could be wrong about that...

Humbuckers will sound better with 500's, but the single coils will become very bright with 500's. I would do it, because humbuckers with 250's, in my experience give you a fairly muddy clean tone.
Quote by hawk5211
Both the buckers you mention are pretty good, but i believe the SH-4 is a neck type, but i could be wrong about that...

Humbuckers will sound better with 500's, but the single coils will become very bright with 500's. I would do it, because humbuckers with 250's, in my experience give you a fairly muddy clean tone.

The humbucker from what I'm reading or was told maybe to bright for the Alder body? And if the upgraded pots go to 500 that would make it brighter still? Guess I'll have to look more at the Hb's tomarrow when I drop the guitar off.
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
Quote by twisty571
The humbucker from what I'm reading or was told maybe to bright for the Alder body? And if the upgraded pots go to 500 that would make it brighter still? Guess I'll have to look more at the Hb's tomarrow when I drop the guitar off.

yes I suppose that is all true as well. See if you can do some test runs with it. Changing pots between 500 and 250 will only cost about $25 + labour. see what sounds better!
yeah. TB-11 on this one. the JB might be too harsh for an alder bodied strat, whereas the Custom Custom is perfect for it. but still, the JB CAN be perfect in SOME guitars, not all. it's about preference. i believe, with a 250K pot, it could lessen the highs a bit. the APS-1 is good for neck position. i'd put it in mid too.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
ok after researching it more I went with a DiMarzio F-spaced Fred HB. I'm staying with the 250K's for now since the tech said they should be fine,if not it will go back in 1 day and a coil tap on the Fred.Now the wait,they said it could take up to a week since they were busy.
I need to buy a black pup cover since the Custom has a white cover. They didn't have any.
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
Quote by forsaknazrael
a cover? that black part of a humbucker isn't a cover, it's the bobbin. You can't replace that.

The SD Custom is my mid SC & has a white cover
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.